The Trump Economy

8 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

This article is fairly close to my feelings.  I used the term moderate.  If you want to use slow....whatever.  I believe this has been good for the US.  As has been stated in this, the slow and steady growth, has made it possible to have a LONG growth period.  

When you have to come back from as low as things collapsed at the end of the bush administration, from policies both Clinton and Bush put in place, I'm fine with longevity of growth.  

Sure, and I should've clarified my original comment. It wasn't to throw s#!t at Obama. I think he did about as well as anyone could've, given the circumstance. It was more along the lines that people dig in on their political sides and are unable to ever give credit to the other side. 

My whole argument was this, depending on what side of the aisle you sit on Obama's tenure headline would read:

Republicans: Slowest economic recovery ever

Democrats: Longest recovery ever

Both are factually correct, but do not paint the entire picture. Why was it the slowest recovery ever? Well, maybe because the workforce just didn't come back and people were scared to death. Or that companies weren't finding attractive projects to put capital to work for. Or it could even be that we were in a new regime, given the accommodating stance from the Fed with its QE, one that other countries around the globe were carefully watching and trying to determine what was best for themselves. All of these are more than likely factors and create a complex picture.

People get too caught up on "gotcha" moments due to a political belief or dislike of an individual. Case in point, many have pointed out the recent terrible trading days, including this morning. But look markets are reverting back already. At one point we were down over 3% and now we're under 2%. We could easily end up flat today, but holy s#!t headlines from 9:30 AM read its the worst trading day in 10 years.

46 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Obama fanboy talking about national debt :rollin

Is it possible for you to have a discussion here without resorting to “obama lover” or “trump hater” ? It seems like you do it every time you post here. 

If you’re going to accuse people of having their opinions for this reason alone, you should at least back it up. People aren’t automatically against an idea Trump came up with because they hate him. It’s possible for people to be against something Trump did because they think it was a bad idea.

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

Is it possible for you to have a discussion here without resorting to “obama lover” or “trump hater” ? It seems like you do it every time you post here. 

If you’re going to accuse people of having their opinions for this reason alone, you should at least back it up. People aren’t automatically against an idea Trump came up with because they hate him. It’s possible for people to be against something Trump did because they think it was a bad idea.

but......but.....he doesn't like trump so he must have been an obama fan!!!   

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, commando said:

hated it under obama and trump.    you only hated it when it was obama.   :rollin

This is a basic tactic of a conservative.  They say something that refers you to being a certain way expecting you to defend yourself.

Huskernation1 does it

Waldo does it

Dewiz does it, albeit terribly

Ric Flair did it

Don't feed into it.  It doesn't matter to them.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, StPaulHusker said:

This is a basic tactic of a conservative.  They say something that refers you to being a certain way expecting you to defend yourself.

Huskernation1 does it

Waldo does it

Dewiz does it, albeit terribly

Ric Flair did it

Don't feed into it.  It doesn't matter to them.

it is a trumper trait

• Plus1 2

8 hours ago, HuskerNBigD said:

Share buybacks are also beneficial to owners of stock which are, when considering we're talking about the major indices, most Americans as a result of their 401k. 

This is a common misconception.

We All Have a Stake in the Stock Market, Right? Guess Again

A whopping 84 percent of all stocks owned by Americans belong to the wealthiest 10 percent of households. And that includes everyone’s stakes in pension plans, 401(k)’s and individual retirement accounts, as well as trust funds, mutual funds and college savings programs like 529 plans.