The Trump Economy

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Oh....isn't that precious.

You were saying?

Bow down to BRB! He knows it all! Maybe just quit your manufacturing job and become a financial advisor since you seem to have all the answers.

Because everyone knows that the way the market is trending at 10:30 AM is a sure sign of how it'll finish. 

18 minutes ago, HuskerNBigD said:

Bow down to BRB! He knows it all! Maybe just quit your manufacturing job and become a financial advisor since you seem to have all the answers.

Because everyone knows that the way the market is trending at 10:30 AM is a sure sign of how it'll finish. 

Don't worry....I just got a chuckle because I just looked at the market for the first time today and remembered your post from yesterday.

My wife (CPA) would laugh her head off at your idea of me being a financial advisor.  

Since I'm not an active trader, I couldn't care less what it does intraday.  I just find it interesting.

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Don't worry....I just got a chuckle because I just looked at the market for the first time today and remembered your post from yesterday.

My wife (CPA) would laugh her head off at your idea of me being a financial advisor.  

Since I'm not an active trader, I couldn't care less what it does intraday.  I just find it interesting.

Sure. The jobs report came out this morning and while numbers weren't great, unemployment remained low and more importantly there was a strong tick up in wage growth. This is one of the data points the Fed utilizes as a proxy to the economy and now the market is reacting to the fact the Fed will probably raise rates next week, nullifying the late rally from yesterday afternoon.

On 12/6/2018 at 2:48 PM, StPaulHusker said:

This is a basic tactic of a conservative.  They say something that refers you to being a certain way expecting you to defend yourself.

Huskernation1 does it

Waldo does it

Dewiz does it, albeit terribly

Ric Flair did it

Don't feed into it.  It doesn't matter to them.

This tactic has nothing to do with conservatives. Plenty of left-leaning folk on Huskerboard and across the country/world resort to the exact same tactic all the time just the same as right-leaning. I've done it, you've probably done it. In fact, you addressing the logical fallacy in this way is it's own logical fallacy.

Instead it's a basic tactic of trying to win an argument or feeling better about ones' self, instead of wanting to have authentic conversation.

• Plus1 2

40 minutes ago, commando said:

markets were heading upward this morning...then donnie had a temper tantrum and threatened to shut down the government.   now down about 175 points for the day.   let's see what the rest of the day brings.

They will take whatever tax breaks and deregulation the President can deliver, but the billionaire boys club has always considered Donald Trump a lightweight and a clown.  

• Plus1 1

CFOs, per this article, see recession coming by 2020 - just in time for the 2020 presidential election.    One reason I HOPE the Dems don't nominate a loony tune character  as their candidate.  Good chance the Dems take over all 3 branches if the economy tanks.   

On the other hand, Sen Flake hopes and wishes that someone will challenge Trump (maybe a hint that he might).  If Trump is charged prior to 2020 I expect several Repubs to jump in and if so I hope Kasich gets the nomination. 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/most-cfos-see-a-u-s-recession-coming-by-2020/

Considering that major corporations have been busy shedding workers, it follows that corporate finance leaders see a U.S. recession ahead. Evidence of a slowing economy has been popping up, including recent large-scale cuts in head count by U.S. corporations such as General Motors and Verizon.

Eighty-two percent of chief financial officers polled believe a recession will have hit by the start of 2020, and nearly 50 percent think the downturn will occur next year, according to the Duke University/CFO Global Business Outlook, released Wednesday. 

"The end is near for the near-decade-long burst of global economic growth," said John Graham, a finance professor at Duke's Fuqua School of Business and director of the survey. "The U.S. outlook has declined, and moreover the outlook is even worse in many other parts of the world, which will lead to softer demand for U.S. goods."

Worst-case projections would see capital spending drop in 2019, accompanied by flat hiring, found the survey conducted Friday of more than 500 CFOs, including 226 from North America

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

CFOs, per this article, see recession coming by 2020 - just in time for the 2020 presidential election.    One reason I HOPE the Dems don't nominate a loony tune character  as their candidate.  Good chance the Dems take over all 3 branches if the economy tanks.   

On the other hand, Sen Flake hopes and wishes that someone will challenge Trump (maybe a hint that he might).  If Trump is charged prior to 2020 I expect several Repubs to jump in and if so I hope Kasich gets the nomination. 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/most-cfos-see-a-u-s-recession-coming-by-2020/

Last prediction I heard was June 2020.