The Trump Economy

Very interesting story & graphs showing the ups and downs of the stock market from Reagan to Trump and how it did under

each  president.    Hint: Trump's is NOT the greatest stock market during that period much less 'all time'.   To some extent the roller coaster

is based on what each president inherited or some tragic event outside their control - DOTCom bust, 9/11, housing bust, war all made GWB term

very bad for the stock market in some ways he was the unluckiest but yet his tax cuts and 2 wars did not help the situation.   Clinton was the luckiest - he got the DOTcom boom, internet boom, no major wars and was out of office before the Dot Com bust.  Reagan and Obama had to work the hardest to correct what they inherited.   Trump is squandering what he inherited as we see recession looming and his policies taking a toll.  The initial growth of the market is fading.

https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2019/business/stock-market-by-president/index.html

• Thanks 1

A CEO goes after Trump. 

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/footwear-distributors-retailers-america-trump-delay-tariffs-211032604.html

The Footwear Distributors and Retailers of America (FDRA) is breathing a small sigh of relief as President Trump delays the implementation of additional tariffs on $300 billion of Chinese Goods.

"The announcement today that the Trump Administration will be delaying the additional 10% tariff on some footwear until December 1 is an acknowledgment that tariffs are indeed paid by Americans,” the group’s president and CEO Matt Priest said in a statement. “It is no coincidence that the Administration is allowing certain shoes to come in without raising taxes in hopes that prices do not rise at retail during the holidays. Our industry's loud unified voice left a clear impression that shoe tariffs are already extremely high, upwards of 67.5%, and any further tariffs would directly raise costs on consumers and cost footwear jobs."

Priest, also says while the FDRA is pleased with the decision to delay new tariffs on certain shoes, they are not satisfied.

"We will continue to fight for any exclusions on new tariffs and we will fight to delay new tariffs on shoes until the entire tariff threat is lifted off the backs of American families,” he said.

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, TheSker said:

Because policy flaw means it's someone else's fault and should be funded with someone else's dime.

Uh, no. It means we as a country f#&%ed up, and should do something to try to fix the problem that was created.

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Trump's economic advisers “don't see a recession at all” so there's nothing to worry about you guys.

Probably one of the most annoying things to me about this administration is Trumps magical ability to never do any wrong. No matter what is said, done or is happening, Trump is doing a great job and everything is perfect. It's such a bulls#!t facade that it makes taking anything he does seriously. I mean if you can never admit being wrong I have to assume you are wrong more than you are.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Probably one of the most annoying things to me about this administration is Trumps magical ability to never do any wrong. No matter what is said, done or is happening, Trump is doing a great job and everything is perfect. It's such a bulls#!t facade that it makes taking anything he does seriously. I mean if you can never admit being wrong I have to assume you are wrong more than you are.

Yep. If there’s a recession it will be because the fake news liberal mainstream enemy of the people media purposely reduced consumer confidence to try to rig the election against Trump. 

(Not that I think Trump would be solely to blame or even a major cause. I just know they will say they are 100% blameless and that it’s the Democrats’ fault).

• Plus1 3