The Trump Economy

3 hours ago, teachercd said:

Strategic move it seems like...sort of a FU to the Bernie Bros...

I don't think it will happen.  

It’s not really the same though. I’m not even sure if suspending the interest would bring down the monthly payment? Just less payments? I just pay mine and don’t ask questions lol. 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, ZRod said:

Another angle on the feds move... We can't spend $1.7T to cancel student debt (which would actually stimulate the economy), but we spend $1.5 on buisnesses and no one bats an eye.

I am a HUGE believer in trickle down economics, which is basically what you are proposing with canceling student debt...I think it works and I think it is the best thing that a government can do...

But most economists claim it doesn't work (I do not believe that, I think we tend to spend what we make and the more we have the more we spend.)

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, teachercd said:

I am a HUGE believer in trickle down economics, which is basically what you are proposing with canceling student debt...I think it works and I think it is the best thing that a government can do...

But most economists claim it doesn't work (I do not believe that, I think we tend to spend what we make and the more we have the more we spend.)

The idea of trickle down economics is great give huge tax breaks to big business and they in return will use that money in a way that creates jobs. But that's assuming big business gives a s#!t about american workers and wont just give themselves bigger bonuses and move production overseas.

• Plus1 2

5 minutes ago, LumberJackSker said:

The idea of trickle down economics is great give huge tax breaks to big business and they in return will use that money in a way that creates jobs. But that's assuming big business gives a s#!t about american workers and wont just give themselves bigger bonuses and move production overseas.

I hear you!

17 hours ago, ZRod said:

Another angle on the feds move... We can't spend $1.7T to cancel student debt (which would actually stimulate the economy), but we spend $1.5 on buisnesses and no one bats an eye.

x1,000,000

16 hours ago, teachercd said:

Cancelling student debt is not trickle down economics, but I think you know that.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Danny Bateman said:

The Fed made a big move, slashing interest rates to zero and planning to buy $700B in bonds to try to stabilize the economy.

That's all fine and dandy. My question is, how does that help my company if the economy is shut down and I still need to pay bills and make loan payments?

• Plus1 1
41 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

That's all fine and dandy. My question is, how does that help my company if the economy is shut down and I still need to pay bills and make loan payments?

Another reason we need actual leadership in the White House and competent people staffing his administration rather than the clownshow of boobs and grifters we have now.