2018 JUCO F Dedoch Chan [Nebraska- Signed LOI]

• seaofred92 unpinned this topic
  • 1 month later...

https://www.omaha.com/huskers/mens-basketball/transfer-dedoch-chan-leaves-nebraska-basketball-program-three-months-after/article_9163fa2c-2167-580f-a890-73b03ca82231.html#tncms-source=infinity-scroll-summary-siderail-latest

Dedoch Chan joined the Nebraska basketball program in early August, finalizing Tim Miles’ plan to fill up his roster with scholarship players.

Chan is now gone. He’s left the program, the school confirmed on Tuesday, just two days before Nebraska’s exhibition game against Wayne State.

Chan averaged 16.8 points, 8.3 rebounds and 1.5 assists at Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College last season. In a nine-game stretch from Jan. 25 through Feb. 22, Chan carried his team, averaging 24.7 points and 9.4 rebounds per game.

Chan had scholarship offers from Norfolk State, McNeese State, Montana State, UAB, Pacific, Cal State Fullerton, Jacksonville State and Nebraska. He was not expected to contribute much this season, but had three years of eligibility remaining. He didn’t appear in Nebraska’s closed scrimmage against Iowa State on Oct. 21.

• Plus1 2
  • 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

I totally missed that this happened. 

I was thinking, I havent seen anything from him in the stats sheet. Looked at Huskers.com and saw he was gone... Searched twitter and then here.

That was a quick turnaround.

Really weird, as his twitter page still shows Huskers.  I wonder if this was not more about classes and grades.

4 hours ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Really weird, as his twitter page still shows Huskers.  I wonder if this was not more about classes and grades.

You wouldn't think it was about grades since he got through a two year JUCO in one year, but who knows.  I would guess it was more about expected playing time (or lack thereof).

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...