HuskerNation1

Predict Final 2019 Team Ranking

I know we are still over 5 months away from National Signing Day and still have an entire season to look forward to, but given Nebraska's recruiting momentum of late, I wanted to start the thread for predicting NU's final 2019 Team Ranking.  My prediction is lucky #13 when you average all the major recruiting services, and I know that may sound high, but I think the team is going to surprise some people this year and recruits will quickly realize Nebraska is a program on the rise.

What say you?

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I know we are still over 5 months away from National Signing Day and still have an entire season to look forward to, but given Nebraska's recruiting momentum of late, I wanted to start the thread for predicting NU's final 2019 Team Ranking.  My prediction is lucky #13 when you average all the major recruiting services, and I know that may sound high, but I think the team is going to surprise some people this year and recruits will quickly realize Nebraska is a program on the rise.

What say you?

My guess is 20.

8 hours ago, HuskerNation1 said:

What say you?

I'll say 19. I do think this team may surprise this year, but we'll be mostly full already so I think that will impact 2020 more than this year.

The one thing I have more confidence on with Frost and Co. is they wont have nearly as many kids de-commit later on. I think they tell a kid to take his time before giving his verbal. I assume we lose one here or there but overall I think we continue to trend up. Obviously other schools will also add more kids. 

I think we end up a few spots higher than last year. I'll guess 16th.

I am not as concerned because I think they are more focused on finding the right kid who mentally wants to work and fits system.

15 hours ago, HuskerNation1 said:

What say you?

Have not studied the numbers much ... but with only 9 recruits left to bring in it appears we would need to bring mostly 4* talent in almost all positions to climb up that high.  I can certainly see a few of our current commits jumping up to 4*.  The type of athlete Frost is recruiting doesn't necessarily translate to star power in my opinion.  This, plus, it would seem a bit of a reach at this point to see some new 4-5* talent come on board and/or start to consider us.  

Really don't have much of an opinion or guess about where we end up now on NSD.  I do think it's already believed that we are a program on the rise and recruits have already noticed.

Depends on the recruiting service.  

Rivals currently has us at #16 right behind #15 Ohio State:  

image.png.2374f1efc9cfeb559bb89900feff4134.png

247 doesn't seem to like us as much:  

image.png.69e153632def6e9871ec78605afef044.png

3 hours ago, r06ue1 said:

Depends on the recruiting service.  

Rivals currently has us at #16 right behind #15 Ohio State:  

image.png.2374f1efc9cfeb559bb89900feff4134.png

247 doesn't seem to like us as much:  

image.png.69e153632def6e9871ec78605afef044.png

247 also likes us pretty well - they have us at #17.  It's the Composite that doesn't like us as well - that's where we're #21.

• Plus1 3

On 12/11/2018 at 3:33 PM, Mavric said:

247 also likes us pretty well - they have us at #17.  It's the Composite that doesn't like us as well - that's where we're #21.

So....its ESPNs fault

24 minutes ago, Dilly Dilly said:

Calling for 19, too.

We are going to he in the low teens this year. Biggest issue is seeing who we are after and pts of other teams and running the calculator. It's going to be tough for us to do much better unless we go on a serious 4 star run and push our class to 30. We cant take mid to low 3 stars to get there. 

1 hour ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

We are going to he in the low teens this year. Biggest issue is seeing who we are after and pts of other teams and running the calculator. It's going to be tough for us to do much better unless we go on a serious 4 star run and push our class to 30. We cant take mid to low 3 stars to get there. 

I don’t see a way to get past 18. 

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I don’t see a way to get past 18. 

I may have worded that incorrectly, I predicted 19th and I dont see how we do much better. 

• Plus1 1

15 hours ago, The Murphinator said:

Not happening buddy

So this isn't a prediction thread, I have to be right?  My mistake.

1 hour ago, C N Red said:

So this isn't a prediction thread, I have to be right?  My mistake.

He’s predicting that your prediction won’t happen. 

I’m predicting that his prediction is predicated on his predilection for refuting other predictions. 

• Plus1 3

Not bad company on Rivals and 3rd in the Big Ten.  Would love to see our average over 3.5.  

image.png.4a633ed20452bc10de67e30a66cc8c89.png

• Plus1 2

Guessing composite we finish 19 based on where we are now. Only way I see us higher than that is if we make a jump in the final 247 adjustments. When do those come out? 

6 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

Does 247 not have a non-composite team ranking? Seems like we would gain some in that ranking without espn dragging us down. 

On 12/20/2018 at 7:53 PM, Mavric said:

247 has us 18th.  The Composite has us 24th

• Plus1 1

My prediction per 247 and what we might still get would be 19 or 20. Standford is is just above us and I haven't researched how many more they will take. The ones below us would need a few big gets IMHO to leap frog us. I'll say 20. That being said it is just a somewhat of an educated guess. More movement and attrition from the other teams is quite possible.

I believe we moved up a spot in 247's rankings when Bru McCoy flipped from USC to Texas.  We are now #17 on 247 and we are close to moving up a spot in the 247 Composite (#19 currently).

It also seems possible that we will pass USC on Rivals when they update their commitment list which would put us at #13.

• Plus1 1

19 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Oh, s#!t.

Frost & Co are crootin', crootin'.

USC did fall - all the way to #18 :blink: - so we are indeed #13 per Rivals