The inside story of a toxic culture at Maryland football

GSG

On 8/11/2018 at 10:26 PM, Comfortably Numb said:

I went there because that is where Maryland seems to have gone. Of course successful programs are pushed, hard, to achieve that success. Do you really think that is all that is going on with Maryland?

I was referring to going there based on what I wrote rather then Maryland did, but anyhow,  as far as what I know what went on, no I dont know the whole story neither do you.

I do know there is a crowd with pitchforks and they keep running from one spot of the internet to the other with instant judgment .

I prefer for the situation to take it's course with all the details and rebuttals to take place before one can begin to analyze the information and come to a conclusion.

At the start it looked like a espn sensationalizing the story based on the unfortunate rare incident(deaths are not common) and the rather weak complaints.

I played football I was pushed hard, suicide runs are not pleasant and I imagine in college the intensity is far worse. Having things thrown your way or being told you are being a pu&&y is weak sauce, it just is. If that hurts you in life you are going to have a very hard time coping.

Now personally going to wait and read a bit more and hear what everyone has to say, then who knows, maybe they were being very unreasonable and ignorant to the plight of athletes health post the incident, or maybe not. Either way Durkin is likely going.

Football coaches who *don't* yell and scream and sometimes belittle their players are few and far between.  (One notable exception:  Tom Osborne.)   I'm not sure what the big deal is.  

OTOH, the heat stroke thing borders on criminal.  Any football coach--and especially an FBS coach--should know how much he can push players without risk of injury.  It sounds like the Terp coaches went waaay overboard.  

• Plus1 2