Airport Worker Steals Airplane

13 hours ago, Comfortably Numb said:

Wow! Go to that link and listen to the SoundCloud of the talk between that guy and air control. Might be the craziest thing I’ve ever heard.

I started listening to it and didn't want to hear the ending so i cut it short.  But, was amazed that the guy was calm and level headed.  Now, if only he was level headed BEFORE he took the plane....

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

I saw a headline that labeled him as "suicidal".  But nothing in that audio really sounds that way.

Did he just want to go for a joy ride and it went bad or was that his "last ride"?

IDK, it was strange. He seemed to realize he wouldn’t be coming back but he also didn’t seem distraught or suicidal and he didn’t want to hurt or inconvenience others. At one point they were trying to get him to land at McCord airport and he says (paraphrasing) “have you talked to the people at McCord, thats not a good idea, I could mess up some stuff there”. A few times he referred to playing video games and how that made him not completely inept at flying a plane. He wasn’t a pilot and didn’t know how to fly. He just wanted to do some barrel rolls and back flips and then experience a moment of serenity before the inevitable. Seemed like a very nice (not crazy) guy, even though what he was doing made no sense.