The Omarosa Chronicles

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The argument being advanced here is that Trump is some sort of unique threat to our country. 

The logical retort to that is to show that his actions aren’t all that unusual and actually pale in comparison to those of some of his predecessors.

The predictable response to that by some here is some incoherent blathering about “whataboutism.” If the actions of other leaders are relevant to the conversation, it makes sense to talk about them. Given Obama’s trainwreck of a Presidency, it’s unsurprising you’d rather his failures not be discussed.

Given Trump's trainwreck of a Presidency, it’s unsurprising you’d rather his failures not be discussed.

• Plus1 2

14 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

You really haven't been paying attention....have you.

I'll fill you in a bit.

Members of TRUMP'S CAMPAIGN have plead GUILTY of conspiring against the US.

That's not some left wing conspiracy.  That's a matter of public legal record.

Who do you think they were comprising with and to benefit whom?  Who did Trump think he needed to have a private meeting with only to come out looking like they were going to get married?  

Trump campaigned on supporting law enforcement and then he throws the entire intelligence community completely in the trash for someone who is currently attacking the US????  And, who is benefiting from that attacking????

The only reason someone in this country wouldn't have their eyes wide open to this is if they are in support of the President and choose to have blinders on.

Are you talking about the same economic sanctions that Trump took off almost immediately when he took office????

If you’re going to accuse me of ignorance and offer to “fill me in,” it would be helpful if you had the first clue what you’re talking about.

So let’s be clear: “Conspiracy against the United States” isn’t what it sounds like. It has nothing to do with foreign actors influencing an election. It certainly has nothing to do with treason, which would require the US and Russia to be actively at war with each other.

The statute, rather, is an extension of the ordinary crime of conspiracy. Basically, Gates has admitted to conspiring to commit offenses against, and to defraud the US government. The offenses involve false statements or misrepresentations of financial and lobbying activity. He is also pleading guilty to a single charge of false statements, but not to other offenses alleged as part of the initial indictment, which should reduce his potential prison sentence.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/10/30/16570580/rick-gates-guilty-plea-deal-conspiracy-against-the-united-states-paul-manafort

1 minute ago, commando said:

Given Trump's trainwreck of a Presidency, it’s unsurprising you’d rather his failures not be discussed.

The economy is booming, more people have jobs, Americans are proud of their country again, his unconventional foreign policy is paying dividends, and the stock market is up.

which failures?

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The argument being advanced here is that Trump is some sort of unique threat to our country. 

The logical retort to that is to show that his actions aren’t all that unusual and actually pale in comparison to those of some of his predecessors.

The predictable response to that by some here is some incoherent blathering about “whataboutism.” If the actions of other leaders are relevant to the conversation, it makes sense to talk about them. Given Obama’s trainwreck of a Presidency, it’s unsurprising you’d rather his failures not be discussed.

Yes, it is unique. There has never been another President who sided with our greatest foreign adversary over our own intelligence agencies. 

This hardly pales in comparison to any predecessor.

Obama had plenty of misgivings and failures. Unsubstantiated claims based on half truths is hardly a logical retort. 

• Plus1 3
4 minutes ago, Fru said:

Yes, it is unique. There has never been another President who sided with our greatest foreign adversary over our own intelligence agencies. 

This hardly pales in comparison to any predecessor.

Obama had plenty of misgivings and failures. Unsubstantiated claims based on half truths is hardly a logical retort. 

I don’t recall our intelligence agencies ever conspiring to prevent a President from being elected or to undermine him once he has been. So I find it unsurprising that Trump has little use for the intelligence agencies. They have only themselves to blame.

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The economy is booming, more people have jobs, Americans are proud of their country again, his unconventional foreign policy is paying dividends, and the stock market is up.

which failures?

the stock market which has flat lined for the last 7 months?    the crippling deficit which is just waiting to swallow our country?  our lowered prestige on the world stage?  the rising racial unrest?   the lowered morale standards of our greatest office?   

• Plus1 3
9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I don’t recall our intelligence agencies ever conspiring to prevent a President from being elected or to undermine him once he has been. So I find it unsurprising that Trump has little use for the intelligence agencies. They have only themselves to blame.

Because that never happened. 

• Plus1 4
11 minutes ago, commando said:

the stock market which has flat lined for the last 7 months?    the crippling deficit which is just waiting to swallow our country?  our lowered prestige on the world stage?  the rising racial unrest?   the lowered morale standards of our greatest office?   

The stock market has hit all time highs. The economy is booming. Unemployment is down. Wages are up. Minorities are doing remarkably well. 

Things look pretty rosey to me.

5 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I don't see you thanking Obama for these things, all of which are carryovers from his administration.

black-unemployment-rate-2009-to-2017-1.j

3.9.18.png

171011134347-dow-trump-election-stocks-1

171011134835-bull-market-sp-500-1011-780

Economic policy takes a few years to take shape unless you are Trump then the economic policy is so powerful its actually retroactive. All of Obamas success can be attributed directly to Mr. President Donald J. Trump

• Plus1 3

44 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The economy is booming,  Started in 2009 

more people have jobs, Started in 2009

Americans are proud of their country again, This one always is laughable.  It all depends on who you are talking to.  I'm not particularly proud of our country right now.

his unconventional foreign policy is paying dividends, Not seeing it yet.

and the stock market is up.  Hmmm....well....let's see.  Since his inauguration, it's up 25%  Great.  I'll give him props for that.

Now, do you give props to the President during these eras?

January 2009 - January 2017 - up around 162%.  This is an average of 20.25%

2009 - 34%

During that time, the Dow didn't have a negative year till 2015.  This is after taking over the worst recession since the depression.

BTW....the stock market right now is roughly the same as it was in early January.  That's over 7 months ago.

• Plus1 5
6 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Are you accusing the intelligence agencies of conspiring against Trump? If so please provide proof for this claim.

• Plus1 3
6 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

What in the holy heck are you implying?

• Plus1 1