The Omarosa Chronicles

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

Then post your facts.

Truth is truth. BS is BS.  If you have a problem with the facts I post, show me I'm wrong.

But if you're basing your stance on a belief, then this isn't the place for that. 

Beliefs are fantasies. 

Facts are facts. 

The most open-minded thing is bald fact.  Show me I'm wrong.  If not, then kindly stop trolling me.

You've quoted and responded to me twice.

Show me how the facts I'm posting are wrong.  If not, kindly stop quoting me.  Because I invested HEAVILY in defending you when the posse came for you about your avatar.  I spent hours and hours that I had no reason to spend defending you.  Why?  Because the fact was, your avatar was doing no harm.

And yet, despite that, here you are. Calling me out. 

Fact is, I don't appreciate that.

I'm sorry if you feel that I was calling you out, that was not my intent. I believe when you did very graciously defend me that I did PM you and thanked you for saving me from the noose of the posse. I guess that I have a tendency to focus questions to those that I respect more than others. People here look up to you and I have found your thought on an array of topics to be insightful and well educated.

I believe that what is dolled out to the public by pundits or news affiliates is flawed or skewed to an extent. I don't doubt what you believe to be factual. It's just that I have a hard time believing what I hear or read as of late is indeed factual. But I guess that is my problem.

Anyway, I didn't mean to give you the impression that I was trolling you. Mea Culpa

16 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Why?

Because many of the news outlets and magazines have their own agendas to push. Left, right, far left, far right seem to have their own slant or skew on the events  in the world and especially on the politics of this country. Too many people I believe, get caught up in their own rhetoric and sensationalism. Who knows what or who to believe anymore. I watch NBC nightly news sometimes  and the bias and race baiting is so blatantly right in your face that it belies sensibility. Fox news certainly has their own twisted version of things as well.

I see a nation unraveling from every side. No one side is innocent in their endeavors to portray the opposing side as fraudulent and too many people get caught up in the wave upon wave of half truths. 

On 8/17/2018 at 8:28 PM, knapplc said:

Then post your facts.

Truth is truth. BS is BS.  If you have a problem with the facts I post, show me I'm wrong.

But if you're basing your stance on a belief, then this isn't the place for that. 

Beliefs are fantasies. 

Facts are facts. 

The most open-minded thing is bald fact.  Show me I'm wrong.  If not, then kindly stop trolling me.

You've quoted and responded to me twice.

Show me how the facts I'm posting are wrong.  If not, kindly stop quoting me.  Because I invested HEAVILY in defending you when the posse came for you about your avatar.  I spent hours and hours that I had no reason to spend defending you.  Why?  Because the fact was, your avatar was doing no harm.

And yet, despite that, here you are. Calling me out. 

Fact is, I don't appreciate that.

That’s such complete BS. At least 95% of the people here are relatively like-minded Trump haters. What passes for “facts” among you is a complete joke.

• Plus1 1
On 8/17/2018 at 9:55 PM, Moiraine said:

That isn’t what is happening here. We are talking about economic data. We have someone basically claiming that 1+1 isn’t 2. Sometimes people are just wrong. I’m tired of people thinking everyone’s opinion matters and we should be polite. We are talking about facts here. If someone says 1+1 isn’t 2, they are just wrong.

We have someone saying that a graph being truncated and only showing a tiny portion of the end of the data to make it look like a large growth rate or unemployment decline is the same thing as showing all of the available information. It’s utterly ridiculous.

I believe that is what Nebfanatic was talking about and what knapp is replying about. When you have someone denying basic numbers that anyone who graduated high school should be able to understand, you hope that it’s trolling because the alternative is worse. Chopping up parts of a graph of percentages or counts is done by people who are hiding something and/or trying to make themselves look better.

Obama himself said the economic numbers Trump is putting up were “impossible.”

Nuff said. For a President, Obama was a heck of a small-time community organizer.

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

That’s such complete BS. At least 95% of the people here are relatively like-minded Trump haters. What passes for “facts” among you is a complete joke.

I don't hate Trump. I hate treasonous misogynists who try to bully people who disagree with them, who attempt to destroy America's alliances and environment, who attempt to profit off of government, who practice nepotism, who flout the First Amendment and who try to suborn our legal processes. 

It's just coincidental that Trump does all these things.

:shrug:

• Plus1 4
1 hour ago, knapplc said:

I don't hate Trump. I hate treasonous misogynists who try to bully people who disagree with them, who attempt to destroy America's alliances and environment, who attempt to profit off of government, who practice nepotism, who flout the First Amendment and who try to suborn our legal processes. 

It's just coincidental that Trump does all these things.

:shrug:

That post added a ton to the conversation. Appreciate that.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Obama himself said the economic numbers Trump is putting up were “impossible.”

Nuff said. For a President, Obama was a heck of a small-time community organizer.

Please provide the source of this quote.

• Plus1 2
21 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Seriously. Post the keywords of my claim into the Google machine on your computer box and do a little heavy lifting of your own.

Why don't you backup your claims? You throw these one liners out constantly without any sourcing, back it up. It's a simple request. 

Further more, the economy grew at 2.3% last year. It was similar in the first quarter of this year, and was at 4.1% in the 2nd quarter. I think analyst unanimously agreed that the 2nd quarter surge was due to Trump starting a trade war. Companies are buying up materials before the prices go up. We'll see how the year finishes, but I think most agree next quarter we won't see the same growth rate. Obama hit 4% or higher in 3 quarters during his presidency, and he wasn't gifted a stable and growing economy.

• Plus1 2

Here are the average growth rates for each president:

• Johnson (1964-68), 5.3 percent
  • Kennedy (1961-63), 4.3 percent
  • Clinton (1993-2000), 3.9 percent
  • Reagan (1981-88), 3.5 percent
  • Carter (1977-80), 3.3 percent
  • Eisenhower (1953-60), 3 percent
  • Nixon (1969-74), 2.8 percent
  • Ford (1975-76), 2.6 percent
  • G.H.W. Bush (1989-92), 2.3 percent
  • G.W. Bush (2001-08), 2.1 percent
  • Truman (1946-52), 1.7 percent
  • Obama (2009-16), 1.6 percent

https://nypost.com/2017/04/01/obama-was-terrible-for-economic-growth/

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

It's not surprising that you have to attack the concept of a fact itself, rather than provide any to reinforce your opinions.

• Plus1 5
On 8/17/2018 at 11:18 PM, hskerprid said:

I'm sorry if you feel that I was calling you out, that was not my intent. I believe when you did very graciously defend me that I did PM you and thanked you for saving me from the noose of the posse. I guess that I have a tendency to focus questions to those that I respect more than others. People here look up to you and I have found your thought on an array of topics to be insightful and well educated.

I believe that what is dolled out to the public by pundits or news affiliates is flawed or skewed to an extent. I don't doubt what you believe to be factual. It's just that I have a hard time believing what I hear or read as of late is indeed factual. But I guess that is my problem.

Anyway, I didn't mean to give you the impression that I was trolling you. Mea Culpa

I think the weight the general public puts into Pundits is scary stupid.  Why did the public shift from watching Tom Brokaw and Walter Cronkite to Hannity and calling that news?

I don't disagree with the pundit comments, but I do disagree with news affiliates.  The problem is that today many people can't verbialize the difference between one and the other and don't realize that pundits aren't newsmen (I use that as a general term).  Folks don't read for themselves and form an opinion, or listen to the general news affiliate locally or nationally and deduce what they think based on the facts.  

Seriously - when did pundits become a trusted news source and not just entertainment?

• Plus1 2
13 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

I think the weight the general public puts into Pundits is scary stupid.  Why did the public shift from watching Tom Brokaw and Walter Cronkite to Hannity and calling that news?

I don't disagree with the pundit comments, but I do disagree with news affiliates.  The problem is that today many people can't verbialize the difference between one and the other and don't realize that pundits aren't newsmen (I use that as a general term).  Folks don't read for themselves and form an opinion, or listen to the general news affiliate locally or nationally and deduce what they think based on the facts.  

Seriously - when did pundits become a trusted news source and not just entertainment?

The advent of 24 hour news? Those happy to confirm your pre-conceived opinions got a platform just for you, why bother dealing with facts anymore?