The Omarosa Chronicles

Here's another interesting view of historical data from that site.

united-states-gdp-growth-annual.png?s=gd

Now, as you can see, we are pretty much in the average range for when you go all the way back to 1950.

Question for Trump supporters.  Looking at what our economy has done over 68 years.  Do you really think Trump all of a sudden is going to produce an economy that consistently grows over 5%?

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

How many other than me are actively on here and defending Trump? How many are willing to give him credit for anything? Feel free to name names.

We've gone over this. First of all, I have given him credit for things. I don't recall what they are at the moment, but I have. I've also liked some of his ideas he's stated but most/all did not come to fruition.

That said, it's not at all relevant what % here is defending. It's not even relevant if 0% are defending him. That's more about him than it is about anyone posting here. If someone is a racist, sexist asshole, no one should be defending their racist, sexist, assholish actions. No bias is required to be against those actions.

Having very few Trump supporters here doesn't mean what you think it does, as has already been stated.

Speaking of "safe spaces, thin-skinned folk," that seems to apply perfectly to all of these droves of scared people who will only PM you with congratulations instead of trying to have conversations with people.

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

Ok. When he came out in January 2017 with his list of things he wanted to accomplish right away I was fully in support of several of them, e.g. term limits for congress. Then within a month he dropped most of the list including term limits.

You can actually go back and read people’s posts instead of making inaccurate assumptions. I’m not gonna go look for everything Trump has done that I’ve supported. His good ideas are few and far between after all. I definitely haven’t disliked an idea/statement/policy because it was Trump’s though.

In broad terms, I'm in favor of America having a sixth branch of the Military. I think a Space Force is inevitable, and it's a pragmatic idea.  I just think Trump's motives behind proposing it have more to do with wanting his name on it than with protecting America/Americans.

I'm in favor of military parades. Our military is badass, and I love going to air shows and stuff. I object to a military parade primarily designed to showcase Trump & his ego, because our troops deserve to be the focus, not some politician.

In broad terms I support secure borders. I don't support Trump's wall, or his bigoted policies toward people from "shithole countries," or his approach to immigration. But I also believe, like Trump, that Immigration needs reform.

I could go on. There's a lot I agree with Trump on.  It's just that it's all overshadowed by his criminal behavior and his antics on Twitter. The man's a boor. I have no respect for that.

• Plus1 4
  • 1 month later...

On 8/16/2018 at 1:34 AM, Landlord said:

The term snowflake has quickly gone the way that most pejorative terms do - it's been coopted and reclaimed by the people it was originally used against and has had any insulting meaning quickly rendered into something that's easily ignored. Pro tip for anyone on any side of any issue - if your tribe gangs up and comes up with derogatory slang for the 'other', your words will quickly lose any weight. 

Two things. @Making Chimichangas has suffered legitimate and tragic abuse and ostracizing at the hands of people representing the groups/systems/powers that they have so much vitriol for. Most everyone that leans left on this board also hopes that MC can learn to cool their rhetoric and not paint with such a broad brush, but the reasons for doing so are reasonable and way more real and personal than most anyone else on here could understand.

Thing number two, anything posted on here is at worst on par with the vitriol spouted by the President, so save the pity party.

My heart bleeds for you. Do I sound more liberal for you now?? GMAFB

Just now, knapplc said:

Are we still talking about the whackadoo Trump hired?

How is this thread not dead?

It was until @hskerprid necro'd it two months later to...I'm not exactly sure what, exactly. He didn't engage anything I actually said. He didn't explain how anything was wrong. He just...tried to type out a liberal sounding sentence for an unknown reason? I'm not really sure. 

Just now, Landlord said:

It was until @hskerprid necro'd it two months later to...I'm not exactly sure what, exactly. He didn't engage anything I actually said. He didn't explain how anything was wrong. He just...tried to type out a liberal sounding sentence for an unknown reason? I'm not really sure. 

And then he complimented you on your derriere?  Or was that a different thick reference?

I'm lost.  Back to celebrating the win.