Biggest Concerns?

9 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Based on the below quote from the OWH, there really is too little information to form any sort of meaningful opinion.

What I am attempting to do here is  "read the tea leaves".  I do see things on which I believe one can form an opinion (but that doesn't mean that they couldn't turn out to be all wrong). I continue to see all signs pointing to Martinez and today's Hail Varsity would seem to bolster that opinion. 

3 minutes ago, cheekygeek said:

What I am attempting to do here is  "read the tea leaves".  I do see things on which I believe one can form an opinion (but that doesn't mean that they couldn't turn out to be all wrong). I continue to see all signs pointing to Martinez and today's Hail Varsity would seem to bolster that opinion. 

Was that the article you posted above? Asking out of curiosity - didn't see a link or a logo on the screenshot.

Erin Sorensen also weighed in.

• Plus1 2

12 hours ago, Mavric said:

CB - I think we have some athletes and they will make some plays being aggressive.  I also think they'll get burned some.  The question is which will happen more often

QB - Not sure if "concerned" is quite the right term.  I think we have two guys who are capable of making the offense work.  I think Frost will put together a game plan to make them successful. But there will be some mistakes - especially turnovers.  I think either will make enough good plays to be an overall positive but there will probably be an ill-timed turnover in a big game that will have people saying "we could have won that game if not for...."

9378336.gif

5 hours ago, cheekygeek said:

The same article indicates Frost was taking reps at QB. I'm reading the tea leave and saying Frost is day 1 starter. 

• Plus1 6
2 hours ago, Making Chimichangas said:

Shouldn't your biggest fear be John McClane?  After all, he dropped you from like the 35th floor of the Nakatomi building.  ;)

That was discussed late last night/early this morning. Granted, there have been another 100 or so posts since then, so it was easy to miss.

Your biggest fear should be high-rise windows. Trust me.

Hahaha. High-rise windows, watches with clasps that come off to easily, Christmas packing tape, misplaced detonators, hard-to-get bonds and guys that are partial to Roy Rogers movies

And that damn dad from Family Matters. I have a feeling he had something to do with the whole situation.

9 hours ago, MichiganDad3 said:

QB: I don' expect much out of this position. At UCF, there was a massive difference between year 1 and year 2  for Milton. Even though our guys have been in the system longer, and the coaching staff has been together longer, I still think it takes a while to be productive. Even at the end of year 1 at UCF Milton wasn't doing that great at UCF. I pulled the stats from 2016 (four games had no stats). For the first 5 games of 2016 (with stats available), Milton's completion percentage was 60% with 8 TDs and 4 ints. For the last five games Milton's completion percentage was 56% with 2 TDs and 3 ints. I was very surprised by his rushing. For the first 5 gaves he rushed for 1.55 yards per carry, and for the last 5 he rushed for 1.62 yards per carry. The games with missing stats were SOuth Carolina State, Michigan, East Carolina and Tulane.

PK: We have probably had one of the best PK in college football every for the past 20 years. Will that continue? The missed extra point in the spring game was ugly.

A few months ago, I went to the UCF board from around when their 2016 games were being played.  They were merciless on Milton and saying there was no way he was a D1 QB. 

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, Hilltop said:

A new concern just hit me... a lot of us with office jobs may be fired before the first game because we spend way too much time online waiting for the next tidbit of news.  

Luckily, i already scheduled a week off the week prior to Frost's arrival, and spent countless hours in the mega thread.  I probably would have been fired THAT week, for sure.  I happen to be starting a new job on Monday, so I have to behave for at least a few months.

• Plus1 1