Post-Practice Presser - August 20

Mavric

4 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

That added depth looks great on paper but I have a little different take.  If a bunch of freshmen are looking that good it likely means we don't have any superstars at any of these spots.   Hopefully I'm wrong... 

Might be why we fired the past staff...

• Plus1 3

Only thing to do right now is to see the glass as half full with a staff that has an actual road map to success. I'm not worried at all about playing several freshmen that will occasionally miss their assignment this season. I'm hoping to set things up for 2019 and 2020.

That, and also if we can fix our fundamentals on defense it could look like a night and day different defense, period. I'm glad to hear the coaches calling out missed tackles in the secondary.

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, Caliborn72 said:

If things are going well in recruiting, I think it’s normal for freshmen to look good right away. That said, it does sound like a bit of talking out of both sides of the mouth when they also mention DBs missing too many tackles.

You can do good things and bad things at the same time...

Just now, brophog said:

You can do good things and bad things at the same time...

Look, I get it, guy. Things are looking promising.

We had a preseason discussion last year on whether or not Diaco would get us in the top 10 or simply just the top 25 defensively. We were so beyond thrilled to move on from Banker and get a real DC, and there was all this exciting talk about the aggressive wrinkles he was using in practice.

Then the season happened and we blamed everything on Diaco and pretended like we wanted to keep Banker. I would never blame anyone for being optimistic in the preseason, things look promising. But yeah, I have a really hard time believing we are now so flush with depth, especially at corner. And when I hear that they’re still struggling with tackling, I have an even harder time buying it.

• Plus1 2

54 minutes ago, Caliborn72 said:

We had a preseason discussion last year on whether or not Diaco would get us in the top 10 or simply just the top 25 defensively. We were so beyond thrilled to move on from Banker and get a real DC, and there was all this exciting talk about the aggressive wrinkles he was using in practice.

Then the season happened and we blamed everything on Diaco and pretended like we wanted to keep Banker. I would never blame anyone for being optimistic in the preseason, things look promising. But yeah, I have a really hard time believing we are now so flush with depth, especially at corner. And when I hear that they’re still struggling with tackling, I have an even harder time buying it.

Just enjoy the ride brother.

1 hour ago, Caliborn72 said:

Listen hop on the Frost Train or get the hell out of the way!

tumblr_micurdYs6O1qzd3hmo8_250.gif

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Caliborn72 said:

All of that and you somehow still missed the point. 

I don't know if this is just a Year 1 strategy or if it will the modus operandi going forward. But it appears that, as far as "keeping cards close to the vest" is concerned, these guys are in Bill Bellichick territory. I don't envy the sports media in Nebraska, when it comes to Frost's regime.