Post-Practice Presser - August 20

Mavric

2 hours ago, Hilltop said:

That added depth looks great on paper but I have a little different take.  If a bunch of freshmen are looking that good it likely means we don't have any superstars at any of these spots.   Hopefully I'm wrong... 

Possibly true, but at the same time you have guys like Honas, Bell, and Tre Neal who we would have expected to easily separate from the crowd and they haven't.    

• Plus1 1

Mick Stoltenberg and Alex Davis are just plain frightening to look at.  Hoping to see the kind of football where our guys punish the opposition on every play, every block, every tackle, then help the opponent up and repeat on the next play, until it is clear the opposing players start to appear hesitant to engage.  I remember seeing plays where running backs would see Carlos Polk, or Grant Wistrom or Broderick Thomas in their path and more or less just go down like a QB slide rather than take them on.

• Plus1 1
27 minutes ago, Stumpy1 said:

I think Dewitt has an Aerospace Engineering Degree and actually worked at NASA before getting back into coaching.  He is one smart dude

I didn't know any of that, but it was obvious he's super smart just from the way he talks.

Dewitt: "My wife calls me the dumbest smart guy she knows because I could be sitting in a lab all day long wearing a white lab coat getting home at 4 or 5 o'clock in the afternoon and instead I coach football for a living."

Well now that he's at Nebraska he's probably making more money than he would have as a scientist ;)

Another story (just watch the damn video) is he made a recruiting app for UCF in a night. I hope he and the sports analytics team are talking.

• Plus1 2