knapplc

Will Jackson leaves the team

4 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

What was everyones favorite Will Jackson moment?

When Fisher said yesterday he wasn’t picking things up. 

• Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

When I first heard of him, 35 seconds ago.

• Plus1 7

1 minute ago, Moiraine said:

Sometimes there is a reason they are at a JUCO.

• Plus1 4

I wonder if he thought he would start by showing up, and that was far from happening? I don't see how he gets a better shot at a P5 program for being an under the radar player. Strange circumstances 

"slow blinker who struggled with the play book"...  Good luck young man.  A walk on somewhere just closer to the scholarship he has been busting his tail for.  

My guess is Cam Taylor has come along quicker than expected and essentially took his spot, Braxton Clark has also had a good camp.

1 minute ago, ADS said:

My guess is Cam Taylor has come along quicker than expected and essentially took his spot, Braxton Clark has also had a good camp.

By Fisher's comments throughout and and yesterday (regarding Clark), Taylor and Clark are basically the #2 CB's right now.  Pretty impressive for a couple of true frosh.

Just now, Moiraine said:

There needs to be an adult in his life to have told him to keep this scholarship and get his degree and break it to him that he’s not going to the NFL.

Unfortunately, many adults believe that the kid is the one that's right in these situations and they feed into the ego of the kid.

Only bad thing is I believe at this point his scholarship is still going to count towards our 85 for this semester.  I don't think it can be given to anyone else.

• Plus1 1

Kentucky >> Iowa Western Community College >> Mesa Community College >> Nebraska >> ???  

The guy certainly gets around.  Hope he finds a place he can stick with.  

These things will become less and less as this culture takes over. Potential recruits will learn these are the expectations and this isn't the place to be if you're not willing to fight every day. I'm a little sad to see it happen as you never know when you'll need a guy. 

Just now, NUance said:

Kentucky >> Iowa Western Community College >> Mesa Community College >> Nebraska >> ???  

Right now that place is Amtrak.

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, NUance said:

It's pretty crazy he would rather transfer to sit out a year to play on the scout team for someone else, than try to work his way up from our scout team. This after he enrolled in classes and was well into fall camp. 

2 minutes ago, theknife said:

It's pretty crazy he would rather transfer to sit out a year to play on the scout team for someone else, than try to work his way up from our scout team. This after he enrolled in classes and was well into fall camp. 

I'm assuming that's an indication as to why he is on the scout team.

6 minutes ago, theknife said:

I can’t think of many other reasons other than he still thinks he’s NFL bound and just needs to find the right team.

5 minutes ago, theknife said:

The thing is, the scout team isn't a bad gig.  He would have gotten plenty of practice reps against the #1 WRs.  It might have been the best thing for him, football-wise.  Plus he could get his degree rather than trying to transfer credits from several different schools.  Oh well.  Next! 

53 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

That time he used up one of our scholarships for no good reason then left before ever seeing the field.

• Plus1 2

I think this is only a good sign of the progress the corners have made if Jackson feels as though we won't be able to crack the rotation. 

• Plus1 1

Best known photo of Will Jackson, courtesy of LJS photographer Emily Blobaum.

qnUy8nw.jpg

• Plus1 1

25 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Best known photo of Will Jackson, courtesy of LJS photographer Emily Blobaum.

qnUy8nw.jpg

33 days till the Michigan game!

(yeah, I know)

• Plus1 1

20 minutes ago, cheekygeek said:

Slow blinker:

I have a 95 impala SS, and thats my biggest frustration with it. The turn signal is so slow.

Monday was the first day of class at UNL, right? Any word if he attended? Because I'm pretty sure that's what determines whether he burned the scholarship or not.

This is like Derrion Grim a couple years ago - he dropped after a single day of class, burning a scholarship that could have been given to a walk-on. Those are the guys that piss me off - it's not just a 'f#&% you' to Nebraska, it hurts someone else that the scholarship could have went to instead. All in a difference of a single day.

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, Moiraine said:

I LOL'd, +1.

4 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Kind of ironic since now he's picking his things up.

• Plus1 2

24 minutes ago, DrunkOffPunch said:

I nominate this for best post of the offseason lol.

Glad I wasn’t sipping coffee when I read it

• Plus1 1

This is what competition does. We bring you in and you have everything right in front of you to play this year. You either seize the opportunity or allow someone else to. If you can't process information or don't want to put in the work for the playbook you won't play. I love the approach this staff has. If you aren't good enough and want to leave, next man up. 

5 hours ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

If he were my son I would tell him to go to Oklahoma 

I must also be a slow blinker - first time i read it i thought maybe not quite worth 40*  however since the second reading - i'm still laughing

5 hours ago, Toe said:

Monday was the first day of class at UNL, right? Any word if he attended? Because I'm pretty sure that's what determines whether he burned the scholarship or not.

This is like Derrion Grim a couple years ago - he dropped after a single day of class, burning a scholarship that could have been given to a walk-on. Those are the guys that piss me off - it's not just a 'f#&% you' to Nebraska, it hurts someone else that the scholarship could have went to instead. All in a difference of a single day.

I believe fall camp is the magical day on calander, once they participate it's on the books. 

• Plus1 1

I’ve been wrong before (a lot) but I’m pretty certain that we don’t get his scholarship back for this year. It really sucks because someone will be here who earned it.