Avery Roberts

15 minutes ago, brophog said:

Are you suggesting those people can't read that quote? Messageboards are speaking to everyone at all times.

Are you suggesting that coconuts migrate?

• Plus1 3

In segment 5 this morning Benning was talking about how this week at camp was big in several ways and said to expect several players to be leaving. Not unexpected as the depth chart sorts itself out. He didn't mention any names but a caller talked about Roberts and it was brought up that he hadn't been mentioned much and really hadn't lived up to expectations. It was a pretty good segment with Benning staying on point for the most part.

Sharp & Benning 2018-08-21 Seg 5

• Plus1 3

2 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Is this just you shooting your shot, or do you have some proof?

I could have sworn one or more of the coaches actually said he needed to work on his fitness, but don't ask me to remember when and who. It was during the spring.

Edit: Ok I found it. There may have been more comments than this one from April 14.

"He's got to get in shape and he's got to get his movements a lot better," Ruud said. "He's a smart kid and he's worked hard at it, but his movements aren't where they need to be and his conditioning's not where it needs to be, so the summer's going to be huge for him. I think he needs to lose a little bit of weight and I think he needs to really, really buy in to what Coach (Zachary) Duval wants him to do this summer."

https://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/football/red-report-roberts-faces-critical-summer-farmer-working-at-center/article_460f945c-7ff6-5e14-88a3-3f9d35537a86.html

• Plus1 2

11 hours ago, The Murphinator said:

If this is true, how many could we sign for the next class? 27?

If he attended classes than we would have to eat it until spring 2019.  If he didn’t it could be used on a walk-on immediately, is my understanding.

• Plus1 2
  • Mavric changed the title to Avery Roberts