Duck - R position

Comish

Like most, I have found almost zero things about the looming Frost era that I disagree with.

But, if forced to pick nits, I might suggest changing the title of the Duck-R position.

Do we really need a reminding vestige of anything Oregon?

Just like the uniqueness of the old linebacker position being tailored by various schools as the Monster, Hero, Wildcat, etc.; perhaps we could huskerize the position with a moniker such as

Husk-R or Husker-R  or something more specifically germane to our program.

(you know it's a positive culture and camp when something so mundane as this has to be unearthed to bitch about)

• Plus1 3

There was a topic about this among or so ago. I agree that they should change the name of the position.

I would name is something like the bandit, thief, cowboy, robber, star, stud, snake, bear, ghost, eagle or something fun like that.

I wouldn't name it Husker, but I suppose it could be something Nebraska related like farmer, rancher, sower, aggie or something like that. I've never lived in Nebraska, so I can't think of anything else. I'm sure there's something Nebraska related that isn't related to agriculture too. 

18 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Maybe it helps lead into conversation on the recruiting trail. Reminds recruits he coached at Oregon during their good years. It’s a way to talk about Oregon, which many kids now know the Oregon offense. 

Just a thought 

I get what you're saying. I think that made sense from when Frost was hired through this first season or so. I would imagine starting in year two Nebraska (and maybe in year one) will be pretty darn good on offense. After that, I don't think it will matter what Frost did at Oregon. Recruits will just see the success that Nebraska has.

2 minutes ago, Hans Gruber said:

I get what you're saying. I think that made sense from when Frost was hired through this first season or so. I would imagine starting in year two Nebraska (and maybe in year one) will be pretty darn good on offense. After that, I don't think it will matter what Frost did at Oregon. Recruits will just see the success that Nebraska has.

I agree, I think once people see the results at Nebraska. We have guys like spielman, tyjon and Washington as examples make names for themselves. We can sell our own players instead of Oregon’s. Deanthony thomas,, lamichael etc