Final Vote - who takes the 1st snap at QB?

Who takes the 1st snap at QB?  

161 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes the 1st snap at QB?

• Tristan Gebbia
    • Adrian Martinez

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/25/2018 at 04:59 AM

Either or will be fine.  They are both young and raw.  One of the two will eventually be better.  It does not matter who.  I am just grateful for both.  Just a great pre-season feeling to have right now. 

Come Michigan, road games and cold weather, and things will not always be so perfect.  Let's just support this position and hope it goes well. 

• Plus1 1

6 hours ago, Mavric said:

Dude.  Just stop.

You have to get close to the target for them to be able to catch the ball.  Yes, they are not exactly the same thing.  But they are closely related and completion percentage is the best widely-available proxy therefor.  If you are often putting the ball in the best place for a receiver to catch it (accurate), they will catch more of them.  If you are often throwing high/low/ahead/behind/etc. (inaccurate) they will catch fewer of them.  It's not perfect but it's the best we have.

I have no idea what you're trying to accomplish in this argument.

He has 4 rep points on that post  :dunno

I'm not worried so much about who gets the 'first snap' so much as I am just finding that 'guy'.  Even if Gebbia hypothetically started and played well we're still going to see Martinez at some point or vice versa.  All the good press on Martinez has been great to read and he made some nice plays in the spring game but both of these guys have yet to play under the bright lights against a tough opponent too I should add when it counts so for me I just want a guy who number one doesn't turn the ball over.  That's the biggest thing I'm waiting to see from either of these guys.  Jury's still out.

• Plus1 2

25 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

I'm not worried so much about who gets the 'first snap' so much as I am just finding that 'guy'.  Even if Gebbia hypothetically started and played well we're still going to see Martinez at some point or vice versa.  All the good press on Martinez has been great to read and he made some nice plays in the spring game but both of these guys have yet to play under the bright lights against a tough opponent too I should add when it counts so for me I just want a guy who number one doesn't turn the ball over.  That's the biggest thing I'm waiting to see from either of these guys.  Jury's still out.

This. Especially with some more QBs coming in next year and Vedral able to play. All this talent is great, but to get on track, it should cycle and not be a question every few weeks if the next guy is the "one". 

Frost and Co are huge on everyone knowing their roles, yet QB is so even. Wonder how that plays out in the room. 

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Is there a practice today with interviews after? Assuming we may find out then bout QB? 

I believe there is a practice. But I overheard the staff is going to cheat a bit and start Akron preparation early. Not sure if that means today, tomorrow, or simply Monday?