Final Vote - who takes the 1st snap at QB?

Who takes the 1st snap at QB?  

161 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes the 1st snap at QB?

• Tristan Gebbia
    • Adrian Martinez

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/25/2018 at 04:59 AM

5 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I remember people saying Taylor Martinez's "accuracy" improved after working on his throwing motion. 

But I don't think his throwing motion changed much at all.

I do think he started throwing to a better corps of receivers.

I know I'm breaking a cardinal rule of HuskerBoard in giving Tim Beck some credit, but I think a big part of Taylor's improved completion percentage is Beck realizing he was not an accurate down field passer and adjusting to that.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, The Dude said:

I know I'm breaking a cardinal rule of HuskerBoard in giving Tim Beck some credit, but I think a big part of Taylor's improved completion percentage is Beck realizing he was not an accurate down field passer and adjusting to that.

I thought Beck's offenses had some great design elements to it.  He would get guys open in the secondary, and did some interesting things to use Martinez in the run game.

2 minutes ago, Wunderkind said:

That is good to hear

Is it?  That was the same injury that Braxton Miller had.  I seem to recall Braxton talking about rehabbing using a tennis ball but decided on his own to switch to a football.  I think not following his therapist advice caused him to re-injure his shoulder so I'm glad Adrian was off for a full year rehabbing.

9 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I thought Beck's offenses had some great design elements to it.  He would get guys open in the secondary, and did some interesting things to use Martinez in the run game.

After that one game Barney Cotton was the head coach, I had the feeling Beck's offense would have been different/better if Pelini wouldn't have micromanaged.

I do wonder how things would have turned out if Bo just concentrated on defense and let Beck go balls to the wall.

• Plus1 2

12 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Taylor was a solid enough down field passer and Beck never took that option away from him. If anything, the deep game got better with Kenny Bell and Quincy Enunwa, who were upgrades over Brandon Kinnie and Niles Paul -- a great looking receiver who dropped too many balls. 

If you remember the 2010 Texas game, receivers were dropping perfectly thrown Taylor Martinez passes all over the place, including three sure touchdowns. One of those was the usually reliable Rex Burkhead.