Final Vote - who takes the 1st snap at QB?

Who takes the 1st snap at QB?  

161 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes the 1st snap at QB?

• Tristan Gebbia
    • Adrian Martinez

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/25/2018 at 04:59 AM

I'm retracting to a shade more Martinez. I think if Gebbia was going to start, he'd been named already.  I believe the staff  knows -and probably has for a while now-but doesn't want the team to get distracted by the media chaos that will follow the announcement. 

I guess I'm hedging my bets too

I went with Gebbia for no better reason than I think the race is extremely close and it seems giving the starting nod to the older player rather than the new hotshot freshman makes some sense. But I also think Martinez may end up taking more snaps than Gebbia in the first game. I know Frost’s preference would be to not share duties too much but he has indicated he will if needed. And I think Akron is a good opponent to see what both of them can do in a real live game situation. I just get the impression that they want to go with AM and will keep the pressure on him to really take and earn the #1 spot. It doesn’t sound like that’s happened yet so what better way than to start TG against Akron. I’m probably creating more drama than really exists.

Edit 8-23-18.   I'm changing my vote to Martinez. Just a gut feeling.