Final Vote - who takes the 1st snap at QB?

Who takes the 1st snap at QB?  

161 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes the 1st snap at QB?

• Tristan Gebbia
    • Adrian Martinez

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/25/2018 at 04:59 AM

2 hours ago, Hilltop said:

If Martinez is the future in this coaching staffs eyes, he will be the game 1 starter.  No way they intentionally use TG for a year until AM is ready...  They have a free pass this year in a sense to develop and refine for the 2019 "we will be dangerous" team.   

sorry but that sends a terrible message to the other players on the team - not going down like that

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, theknife said:

Obviously, this photo is proof the situational scrimmage resulted in Mick being chosen as the starter following practice today.  

UMNAWBDRHJWSBNQ.20180823162442.JPG

1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

Frost: “Eeny meeny miney mo”

Interesting - i always gave SF credit for being smart (no longer)  if he is picking somebody to chase and tackle him i would pick someone a little smaller

If Martinez is the future in this coaching staffs eyes, he will be the game 1 starter.  No way they intentionally use TG for a year until AM is ready...  They have a free pass this year in a sense to develop and refine for the 2019 "we will be dangerous" team.   

Being the future and starting day one are two entirely different things, with very different reasons.  I don't get the feeling this staff sees this season as a "free pass".  That's basically suggesting they're forfeiting a play/game/season here or there.  I don't see that from this staff.  They're going to put their best players in the best situations to win each and every drive in each and every game.  At the moment, obviously just another guy's opinion, I believe Gebbia has a better, faster, grasp on the offense.  Can run it smoother than any other QB we have*, including Martinez.  Martinez will grasp it eventually, but that takes time.  Gebbia will help us win games now.  Martinez will help us win games in the future.  Possibly the very near future.  But we're talking first snap here.

*edit, suppose Vedral might have an equal or better grasp of the offense, so should have put any other eligible QB we have...

Edited by JoshSker
14 minutes ago, JoshSker said:

Being the future and starting day one are two entirely different things, with very different reasons.  I don't get the feeling this staff sees this season as a "free pass".  That's basically suggesting they're forfeiting a play/game/season here or there.  I don't see that from this staff.  They're going to put their best players in the best situations to win each and every drive in each and every game.  At the moment, obviously just another guy's opinion, I believe Gebbia has a better, faster, grasp on the offense.  Can run it smoother than any other QB we have*, including Martinez.  Martinez will grasp it eventually, but that takes time.  Gebbia will help us win games now.  Martinez will help us win games in the future.  Possibly the very near future.  But we're talking first snap here.

*edit, suppose Vedral might have an equal or better grasp of the offense, so should have put any other eligible QB we have...

What gives you the impression the TG can do the things you list?  Unless you have inside info, that is a pretty big assumption to make.  I know the coaches haven't said anything of that sort or the media would be all over it.  When I reference "free pass" above, I am referring to back when Scott listed the reasons he took the job.  He knew the fan base would allow him and his staff the time necessary to build this program correctly.  Your assuming incorrectly that I meant to forfeit any games smh.  Obviously no coach would do that intentionally if they wanted to keep their job.  TG may very well win the job but if he does, it's because the staff feels he gives them the best opportunity to build a winning program.  From the very limited information and film we have been privileged with, my opinion is that AM has a higher upside.  As stated before, I'll be happy with whoever is selected because I trust in our coaches decisions way better than my Saturday beer drinking fanatical self.      

I voted AM.  As others said he has the IT factor..  I think Frost saw it as he recruited him and the spring game, he delivered what was expected.  SF hasn't squashed the hype around him so I think it is a sign that AM is going to be a special player.  He does need Gebbia to push him hard to develop - thus the crickets on who will be the starter for now.

What gives you the impression the TG can do the things you list?  Unless you have inside info, that is a pretty big assumption to make.  I know the coaches haven't said anything of that sort or the media would be all over it.  When I reference "free pass" above, I am referring to back when Scott listed the reasons he took the job.  He knew the fan base would allow him and his staff the time necessary to build this program correctly.  Your assuming incorrectly that I meant to forfeit any games smh.  Obviously no coach would do that intentionally if they wanted to keep their job.  TG may very well win the job but if he does, it's because the staff feels he gives them the best opportunity to build a winning program.  From the very limited information and film we have been privileged with, my opinion is that AM has a higher upside.  As stated before, I'll be happy with whoever is selected because I trust in our coaches decisions way better than my Saturday beer drinking fanatical self.      

I'm going off of Frost's frequently stated requirements for his QB.  Quick thinker.  And then going off of Moraine's comment above about the only QB comments by Coach being relatively negative about Martinez.  Just not quite getting it yet.  Not fast enough yet.  Those two things have me thinking it's Gebbia.  I'll be happy with either as well.  Trust this staff too.  We're in good hands.  

13 minutes ago, JoshSker said:

I'm going off of Frost's frequently stated requirements for his QB.  Quick thinker.  And then going off of Moraine's comment above about the only QB comments by Coach being relatively negative about Martinez.  Just not quite getting it yet.  Not fast enough yet.  Those two things have me thinking it's Gebbia.  I'll be happy with either as well.  Trust this staff too.  We're in good hands.  

Just to add to my previous post, when the CBs were battling out in the spring Fisher said some negative things about Lamar Jackson and he’s apparently a starter now.