Tre Bryant’s Career Is Over

1 minute ago, 4skers89 said:

Wouldn’t he qualify to get a medical scholarship? Seems like a waste not to get a degree.

I haven't read the full articles yet, but I imagine he'll be able to stay on scholarship and finish his degree, if he chooses to. I think it gets shuffled to some other category so it doesn't count against the scholarship limit.

• Plus1 1
Just now, Enhance said:

I haven't read the full articles yet, but I imagine he'll be able to stay on scholarship and finish his degree, if he chooses to. I think it gets shuffled to some other category so it doesn't count against the scholarship limit.

Maybe I misinterpreted Sam’s tweet. I read it as he was going home (presumably quitting school). 

8 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

Was going home and couldn't sleep at night... presumably because of pain.  Not going home, home 

Nebraskans shouldn’t tweet the same as they talk. If I was hearing Sam say this I would switch to Nebraska mode and it would be clear. Just as I can properly interpret what not going home, home means. Home, home for me is Nebraska even though I haven’t lived there for many years. Whether Tre was sleeping at home or his girlfriend’s place is not important. It’s just something Nebraskans add when telling a story. It would have been clear if he had tweeted “Tre was having difficulty sleeping due to pain” Sam’s folksy tweet also left out an important part- why was he unable to sleep.  A foreigner might think no wonder his knees are bad, at home he slept standing up and finally his knees wouldn’t hold him up.:)

1 minute ago, 4skers89 said:

Nebraskans shouldn’t tweet the same as they talk. If I was hearing Sam say this I would switch to Nebraska mode and it would be clear. Just as I can properly interpret what not going home, home means. Home, home for me is Nebraska even though I haven’t lived there for many years. Whether Tre was sleeping at home or his girlfriend’s place is not important. It’s just something Nebraskans add when telling a story. It would have been clear if he had tweeted “Tre was having difficulty sleeping due to pain” Sam’s folksy tweet also left out an important part- why was he unable to sleep.  A foreigner might think no wonder his knees are bad, at home he slept standing up and finally his knees wouldn’t hold him up.:)

Or .... you know .... you could just continue reading after "go home" and see that it was followed by "at night" and conclude that was an everyday occurrence.  Unless you thought he was going to St. Louis every night.  ;)

• Plus1 5

4 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Or .... you know .... you could just continue reading after "go home" and see that it was followed by "at night" and conclude that was an everyday occurrence.  Unless you thought he was going to St. Louis every night.  ;)

Maybe I just need to go home, home more often. I’m definitely living on the wrong side of the Mississippi.:lol:

• Plus1 1

I always thought it was kind of odd that we were able to jump in on his recruiting so late in the process and grab a pretty talented back.  Now I see it was probably because other teams had backed off because of his knee.  

Too bad for him.  Hope he finds something else to have success.