Jump to content
seaofred92

Tre Bryant’s Career Is Over

Recommended Posts

Dang. What a shame.

 

I'm surprised after hearing such good reports and then again I'm not surprised with all the knee reports since he was in HS.

 

Best of luck to him. HUSKER FOREVER!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn, thought maybe he had gotten past it.  Shame, good luck on the next step Tre.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Next years recruiting class just got even bigger.

Already have 2 backs committed, have another stud RB visiting the first week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still shame the last staff for how they handled his carriers, "Old man knees" or not. He had a lot of potential, but unfortunately that is the way the cookie crumbles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Boy, that's a shame.  I feel for him.  He did everything right, and then this.  :bang  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel so bad for him. He had so much potential, but I hope he does well in whatever path life takes him now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Feel bad for the kid.  He really could of made a name for himself with this offense and turned some heads from scouts.  Hopefully he gets a degree and has a successful life.  

  • Plus1 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He had a ton of potential and I think he could've really worked in this offense if it weren't for the chronic injury issue. I feel for the guy and hope he succeeds in whatever he chooses to do moving forward. Once a Cornhusker, always a Cornhusker.

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 4skers89 said:

Wouldn’t he qualify to get a medical scholarship? Seems like a waste not to get a degree.

I haven't read the full articles yet, but I imagine he'll be able to stay on scholarship and finish his degree, if he chooses to. I think it gets shuffled to some other category so it doesn't count against the scholarship limit.

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Enhance said:

I haven't read the full articles yet, but I imagine he'll be able to stay on scholarship and finish his degree, if he chooses to. I think it gets shuffled to some other category so it doesn't count against the scholarship limit.

Maybe I misinterpreted Sam’s tweet. I read it as he was going home (presumably quitting school). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

Maybe I misinterpreted Sam’s tweet. I read it as he was going home (presumably quitting school). 

Was going home and couldn't sleep at night... presumably because of pain.  Not going home, home 

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

Was going home and couldn't sleep at night... presumably because of pain.  Not going home, home 

Nebraskans shouldn’t tweet the same as they talk. If I was hearing Sam say this I would switch to Nebraska mode and it would be clear. Just as I can properly interpret what not going home, home means. Home, home for me is Nebraska even though I haven’t lived there for many years. Whether Tre was sleeping at home or his girlfriend’s place is not important. It’s just something Nebraskans add when telling a story. It would have been clear if he had tweeted “Tre was having difficulty sleeping due to pain” Sam’s folksy tweet also left out an important part- why was he unable to sleep.  A foreigner might think no wonder his knees are bad, at home he slept standing up and finally his knees wouldn’t hold him up.:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 4skers89 said:

Nebraskans shouldn’t tweet the same as they talk. If I was hearing Sam say this I would switch to Nebraska mode and it would be clear. Just as I can properly interpret what not going home, home means. Home, home for me is Nebraska even though I haven’t lived there for many years. Whether Tre was sleeping at home or his girlfriend’s place is not important. It’s just something Nebraskans add when telling a story. It would have been clear if he had tweeted “Tre was having difficulty sleeping due to pain” Sam’s folksy tweet also left out an important part- why was he unable to sleep.  A foreigner might think no wonder his knees are bad, at home he slept standing up and finally his knees wouldn’t hold him up.:)

 

Or .... you know .... you could just continue reading after "go home" and see that it was followed by "at night" and conclude that was an everyday occurrence.  Unless you thought he was going to St. Louis every night.  ;)

  • Plus1 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mavric said:

 

Or .... you know .... you could just continue reading after "go home" and see that it was followed by "at night" and conclude that was an everyday occurrence.  Unless you thought he was going to St. Louis every night.  ;)

Sounds like he was homesick :)

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

Wouldn’t he qualify to get a medical scholarship? Seems like a waste not to get a degree.

I agree, why would he go home? Take the opportunity to concentrate on your education, and hang around the football team as they rise to the top of CFB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mavric said:

 

Or .... you know .... you could just continue reading after "go home" and see that it was followed by "at night" and conclude that was an everyday occurrence.  Unless you thought he was going to St. Louis every night.  ;)

Maybe I just need to go home, home more often. I’m definitely living on the wrong side of the Mississippi.:lol:

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always thought it was kind of odd that we were able to jump in on his recruiting so late in the process and grab a pretty talented back.  Now I see it was probably because other teams had backed off because of his knee.  

 

Too bad for him.  Hope he finds something else to have success.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel badly for Bryant yet also commend him for taking the long view when it comes to his health.  I'm sure we've all seen Earl Campbell's highlights.  Unfortunately, we've also probably seen what Earl Campbell looked like post football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ever since Riley made the comment about Bryant's old man knees, something about that phrasing always made me think Bryant's career was going to be short lived. But, by and large, I think Bryant made this decision with the entirety of his life in mind and not just getting through college.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I always thought it was kind of odd that we were able to jump in on his recruiting so late in the process and grab a pretty talented back.  Now I see it was probably because other teams had backed off because of his knee.  

 

Too bad for him.  Hope he finds something else to have success.

 

I was thinking the same thing about Tre's recruiting but Tyjon Lindsey is a similar situation. Ohio State passed up on him I think because of a knee injury, correct me if I'm wrong. We do know there may be a few 4 star players who have had questionable performances thus far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, FTW said:

I was thinking the same thing about Tre's recruiting but Tyjon Lindsey is a similar situation. Ohio State passed up on him I think because of a knee injury, correct me if I'm wrong. We do know there may be a few 4 star players who have had questionable performances thus far.

 

Yes and no.  Lindsey tore his meniscus in high school.  That may have made tOSU back off but that's not an injury that would be expected to have long-term consequences.  By all accounts, Bryant's knee issues were know in high school and expected to be an on-going problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

I feel badly for Bryant yet also commend him for taking the long view when it comes to his health.  I'm sure we've all seen Earl Campbell's highlights.  Unfortunately, we've also probably seen what Earl Campbell looked like post football.

Do you think Earl Campbell would go back and choose a different path?  I doubt it.  Only reason anyone knows his name is because of the way he ran the ball.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mavric said:

 

Yes and no.  Lindsey tore his meniscus in high school.  That may have made tOSU back off but that's not an injury that would be expected to have long-term consequences.  By all accounts, Bryant's knee issues were know in high school and expected to be an on-going problem.

 

It's crazy what a difference a year makes. Last year we lost Bryant, and many people panicked because he was obviously our best running back. He retires this year but we seem to be in good shape at that position. We are fortunate to have this staff right now.

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I think KW flat out beat Zach Smith for Lindsey. Lindsey has mentioned in interviews that Ohio State was going to use him in gimmicky ways where KW was going to teach him how to run real routes in a real offense. Really upset Zach.:D

 

Feel really bad for Tre, retiring from football was obviously a very hard decision for him. He gave it everything to get back out there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

Do you think Earl Campbell would go back and choose a different path?  I doubt it.  Only reason anyone knows his name is because of the way he ran the ball.  

 

It's a fair point, honestly I don't know.  I'm sure that playing on Astroturf all those years certainly didn't help matters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel for the kid, this makes me sad. All he did was give it his best shot and his damn knees couldn't take it. Would've loved to see him play healthy. I wish him the best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope he can get his degree. He represented the University well and gave it all he had. A very well spoken and gracious young man. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

Has it been reported what the actual issue is with his knee? Ive been really curious about this and the last staff, maybe at his request, was very secretive about it. 

 

Frost said it's basically Bone on Bone.

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Xmas32 said:

I'm sure we've all seen Earl Campbell's highlights.  Unfortunately, we've also probably seen what Earl Campbell looked like post football.

His hotlinks are pretty tasty...

 

I should watch his highlights, it's been so long since I've seen him running the ball that I darn near forgot about him completely. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MLB 51 said:

 

There is so much that modern medicine can do these days but there is still so much it can't do. I'm sorry it can't fix this yet.

 

Happy trails and good fortune in all your future endeavors Mr. Bryant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Husker_Bohunk said:

There is so much that modern medicine can do these days but there is still so much it can't do.

 

I once saw a documentary where a guy had no cartilage left in his aging knees but he was fitted with some sort of mechanical knee brace that made his leg strong enough that he could immediately kick through a brick pillar. After that, the guy was able to resume his old job as Batman. Maybe it wasn't an actual documentary. Anyway, Tre Bryant needs to get one of those knee braces.

  • Plus1 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NCAA better ban knee hits or linebackers or something.  So many ruined lives.....Lets go back on tape, find out who injured his knee, and eject them for life.  But only after they have paid 25,000 into the joint NCAA-ESPN-Capitol One " Save The Game From Lawsuits, Vicious Hits, and Red Blooded Americans" Foundation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×