2019 Walk-On Class

2 hours ago, zeWilbur said:

If i recall correctly preferred walk-ons were guaranteed a spot in the 105 for fall camp their first year

No they are not.  There were 140 on the roster this year.  85 are scholarship guys (roughly 80 in camp this year).  So out of the other 60 - pretty much all of whom are PWOs, only about 25 can make the fall camp roster.

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Mavric said:

No they are not.  There were 140 on the roster this year.  85 are scholarship guys (roughly 80 in camp this year).  So out of the other 60 - pretty much all of whom are PWOs, only about 25 can make the fall camp roster.

Right, but they are only guaranteed a spot on 110 man roster the first year and we had 16 PWOs in 2018.  I can't find anything specific to Nebraska, but I think most consider the definition of PWO do be just that:

Nine out of the 10 staffs we spoke with use the “preferred concept” and to those nine, the clear difference between a preferred walk-on versus someone who simply walks-on is that the preferred means he is guaranteed a spot on the 105 man roster day one of camp, while other walk-ons will have to go through tryouts to see if they can earn a spot on the roster.

http://footballscoop.com/archive-news/what-does-it-mean-to-be-a-preferred-walk-on/

25 minutes ago, theknife said:

Right, but they are only guaranteed a spot on 110 man roster the first year and we had 16 PWOs in 2018.  I can't find anything specific to Nebraska, but I think most consider the definition of PWO do be just that:

I don't think that is the case at Nebraska.  That would make a lot more sense for schools that are only carrying 115-120 total guys on the roster, not the 140 that we have.

On 11/20/2018 at 7:34 AM, AlaSker said:

Yea I saw that as well, two three time state champion. But from what it looks he doesn't have a ton of offers for that either. If I read the article correctly it said Nebraska wanted him to go to JuCo, for wrestling I assume (wasn't clear) and then take a look at him after two years there.

FIFY

And about to be 4 time, visited Michigan State last month for wrestling