Mavric

2019 Walk-On Class

42 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Big night! Has there been a list of potential prospects going or any that are in-state that would be big gets like Reimer was?

7 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Did walk on's have to "commit" before the last few years?  

Not that I recall.  Probably partially due to the commitments being a bigger deal all across the board and it's just trickling down and partially due to we're putting more emphasis on recruiting them earlier so they are kind of announcing they are going to UNL as opposed to an FCS school.

I thought I saw something on here once about Dylan Kautz from Norfolk Catholic. Does anyone know if he is even being looked at. I've seen the kid play a few times and he is fast as hell. Not real big and played in C-1 and this year C-2 but I would think he would get an offer to walk on. 

35 minutes ago, skers83 said:

I thought I saw something on here once about Dylan Kautz from Norfolk Catholic. Does anyone know if he is even being looked at. I've seen the kid play a few times and he is fast as hell. Not real big and played in C-1 and this year C-2 but I would think he would get an offer to walk on. 

I thought he might get a look as well.  I'd be in favor of that.

But he wasn't on the attendee list for last night.  Could have been a scheduling conflict but I haven't heard of any interest in him.

47 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I thought he might get a look as well.  I'd be in favor of that.

But he wasn't on the attendee list for last night.  Could have been a scheduling conflict but I haven't heard of any interest in him.

I looked him up and all I can find is rivals shows an offer from Chadron State and Sioux Falls. Woodhead was unwanted and went to Chadron so I guess he has that.

3 hours ago, Mavric said:

He was the LBs MVP at the Rivals 3 Stripe camp in Chicago this summer.  

• Plus1 2

38 minutes ago, Stumpy1 said:

He was the LBs MVP at the Rivals 3 Stripe camp in Chicago this summer.  

That is impressive for a walk-on, looks like Rivals rated him as a 2* star LB. That's a pretty solid walk-on commit, that I can honestly say I have heard absolutely zero about. 

I know he is committed to play basketball at Northern state. But should we offer Brady Danielson a walk-on? From what I can recall him and Snodgrass lit up the stat sheet when in the game. A walk-on from Nebraska would definitely change his mind in an instant. 

• Plus1 1

14 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I didn’t see any player profile what is he rated? 

No rating, but is listed as number #1 center in JuCo with Rivals. Just must not be the talent at that JuCo position this year to garner stars.

Some impressive talent in this walk-on class.  Almost as excited to watch these guys develop as I am to watch the highly recruited guys contribute.

On 12/27/2018 at 12:29 PM, AlaSker said:

Not trying to dampen the mood, but how many walk-on kickers can we really take?

Does that matter? I'd take a billion. No scholarship so no harm no foul. Open competition between a large number and find one who can do the important job. 

20 minutes ago, Decked said:

Add another one in Brayden Miller

Have to feel the competition will be ramped up even to get on a scout team. That's pretty cool.