NCAA Recognizes UCF as National Champion

Mavric

6 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Yep.  Guys who sit in the press box and type definitely know more than guys who coach the game for a living.

Actually they do as that is all they do, watch and analyze most of the field. On the other side many of the coaches themselves said they have no time to watch other teams, never mind from other conferences as they are busy watching film for their next match up. So they simply follow the general consensus when filling the ballot.

• Plus1 1

As far as this specific discussion, it doesn't matter which group, coaches or AP writers, is generally more qualified to select a champion. Anybody with half a brain and an inkling of football understanding that watched both Nebraska and Michigan play in the 97 season should be able to arrive at the correct conclusion. It's not hard and not even close. Nebraska would've literally destroyed Michigan had they met on the field. Anybody that arrives at a different outcome is hopelessly biased or uninformed or both. So, I don't care if the AP crowned Michigan (good for them) or not but, in this case, the coaches got it right.

• Plus1 1
17 hours ago, Michiganball said:

Actually they do as that is all they do, watch and analyze most of the field. On the other side many of the coaches themselves said they have no time to watch other teams, never mind from other conferences as they are busy watching film for their next match up. So they simply follow the general consensus when filling the ballot.

Knowing more about other football teams is not the same as knowing more about football.

Still dodging the question about which titles Michigan claims?

4 hours ago, Mavric said:

Knowing more about other football teams is not the same as knowing more about football.

Still dodging the question about which titles Michigan claims?

It's not the same, but more important, I played football, but it does not mean I will pick better then a gambler, he will actually do better then me or a coach.

Information is key like in most things in life to make the best decision. Most things are like battlefield covered in a  "fog of war" the more you know, the more data you have the better you can predict an outcome of your or others actions.

Doesn't matter if you have done that thing, you will still fail if you lack the information surrounding outside factors and circumstances. Case and point most coaches who try to predict games on espn. I often bet against them, it's easy to see bias or that they simply do not know the divisions outside of their own. Press guys on the other hand will watch the games from the entire country, considering scores, stats and individual players and analyze them because they are actually being paid for it. Only a gambler will do better then them.

Speaking of gambling, just a personal experience, I had a hiatal hernia when I was a kid so bed bound for a few months, I watched almost every game followed all the stats, could predict virtually every game in the NFL 13-14 right(couple less teams then), dad loved it as for a couple months he took the betting pool every week at work. Once I got better had less time to contribute, I no longer could pick near that level. So information and time invested in research and analysis is a major contributing factor, not being a coach, that is almost irrelevant with limited information.

A far as your question which I though was just a fun little jab, not avoiding it, but I'm the last person you want to ask about the NC, because my answer is none, for Michigan, none for Nebraska and none for the rest of the teams.

Personally I refer to NC as the yearly farce and comedy of errors, there has never been a proper one and this is the only major sport in the world where this happens. we have come closer in the last couple years, but last year again, we went back to the farce.

Also as far as arguing about the split championship, no one from both sides will listen to anyone, consider their thoughts or change their minds. So those conversations are moot. Especially for me.