Martinez it is

4 minutes ago, SandhillshuskerW said:

A friend of mine just texted and said that there's smoke blowing about that Gebbia missed practice today and is gone. He said that it's nothing official or confirmed but a RUMOR that is picking up steam. I was just seeing if anyone else has heard anything. I really hope he doesn't know what he's talking about. If a MOD thinks my comment needs to be moved or deleted, please feel free.

Thanks huskerboard :(.    

:sarcasm

8 minutes ago, SandhillshuskerW said:

A friend of mine just texted and said that there's smoke blowing about that Gebbia missed practice today and is gone. He said that it's nothing official or confirmed but a RUMOR that is picking up steam. I was just seeing if anyone else has heard anything. I really hope he doesn't know what he's talking about. If a MOD thinks my comment needs to be moved or deleted, please feel free.

I'd be surprised if he did leave knowing he is the #2 guy and could possibly see some snaps. He would be foolish though to stay after this year so I guess maybe I wouldn't be shocked. 

I get some info but I have not heard that yet but I would probably not get my info until later today so who knows!

1 minute ago, BIG ERN said:

I'd be surprised if he did leave knowing he is the #2 guy and could possibly see some snaps. He would be foolish though to stay after this year so I guess maybe I wouldn't be shocked. 

I would agree with you. I just heard some info from a friend of mine and I was hoping to get confirmation that he was wrong. I would be shocked if he left too.

10 minutes ago, SandhillshuskerW said:

That would be terrible. Frost may go into "protect AM" mode and limit our offense. If AM and TG are really close, then Frost can let AM play hard with the comfort of a strong backup.

1 minute ago, MichiganDad3 said:

That would be terrible. Frost may go into "protect AM" mode and limit our offense. If AM and TG are really close, then Frost can let AM play hard with the comfort of a strong backup.

I agree. I'm just waiting for that one person to tell me to shut up and that I heard wrong. I like Gebbia and would be very disappointed to find out that my friend was right.

I've been saying all off-season that we've got the guys to have a scary D-line, if they're actually allowed to play that way. Though as much as anything, it might be an indication that the O-line still has a long way to go to recover from Cav & co.

• Plus1 2
24 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I saw that Troy received a couple votes in the preseason polls, and Nebraska received zero. So it wouldn't be crazy if Troy was favored to win.

Troy plays Boise St this week at Troy, Alabama. Last year in Boise, Troy lost by 11 and the game really wasn't that close.  Troy should be a good solid test, but don't make them out to be a great team.  Now if they just kill BSU that is a different story.  BSU should be really good this year if they can find some WR.  

5 minutes ago, Toe said:

I've been saying all off-season that we've got the guys to have a scary D-line, if they're actually allowed to play that way.

I think they have a ton of potential to be good, and we are talking about playing 7-8 deep.  They were allowed to do nothing last year.  That should change this year.  

I agree. I'm just waiting for that one person to tell me to shut up and that I heard wrong. I like Gebbia and would be very disappointed to find out that my friend was right.

Well it sounds like he's gone from how Frost is speaking. 

9 minutes ago, Toe said:

I've been saying all off-season that we've got the guys to have a scary D-line, if they're actually allowed to play that way. Though as much as anything, it might be an indication that the O-line still has a long way to go to recover from Cav & co.

Wouldn't it be beautiful to see the DL blasting into the backfield instead of  wobbling around a yard off the LOS?