Here it is the: What are you doing for the first game?

@Branno The north watch party isn't at Third Base anymore, it's at Sam's Boat. We'll see how the crowd is this year, I imagine just about anywhere will have a better crowd of Husker fans this year than they did last year.

11 hours ago, Hans Gruber said:

I'll be at work during the game. :(

So I'll listen to it at work and then watch the game on my DVR when I get home.

Because of my job, I'm probably the only person on the planet that loves when Nebraska kicks off at 11 a.m. That way I can watch the entire game before work.

11 am kickoffs are great cause i get to stay up until the end of the game then sleep before work. 2pm games are horrible cause then its 2-4 hr nap followed by another 2 hr nap. night games, meh. get to watch maybe the first half then off to work.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Now that I'm an old man I prefer morning and afternoon games.

I love 2:30 games.  No huge rush in the morning if you are going to the game (and live about 50-100 miles away).  And you can get back home and it isn't super late.

When we had a tailgate spot the night games were a beatdown after the game and the next morning, taking all the stuff out of the car, the cleaning and unpacking.  It sucked.

Having a friend over and will do the two set thing because I want to see ND-Meatchicken as well.  I sort of spaced that it was happening because there was such a big deal made of the series ending not so long ago...  I seem to recall Terry Bowden had been coaching Akron even as recently as last season?  They liked to run the ball under him and that's about as much as I recall.  The rest of our "non-con" is much more interesting this season, to be fair.

This college football season is going to be different for me. My dad, my long time football watching buddy passed away suddenly just over a month ago. Sure, we might have differed on our favorite college football teams but he would at least watch the Huskers with me when they were on.

I'll be watching the game, just not sure where yet.

• Plus1 1