Here it is the: What are you doing for the first game?

flying into LNK Friday night after work. Going to the game with my brother and his buddy and I'm bringing a buddy of mine to Lincoln for his first time. Hitting a tailgate in the AM and then probably will head to the Railyard and/or Barry's around 2 to watch some games and drink until an hour before kick and then will head in to show him all the pageantry before the game. Cannot wait. 

• Plus1 1
22 hours ago, HuskerMan said:

Will be having lots of drinks and food.  Unfortunately this will be at my buddies wedding reception and not in front of the tv at my house.

I wasn't about to let my wife plan a fall wedding...  Husker football and hunting seasons mixed with anniversaries isn't a good mix for this guy.  My wedding was in March:D.

On August 27, 2018 at 10:03 AM, tattooedhusker said:

Multiple cases of beer, smoking a brisket and losing my damn mind because of the excitement!

11 hours ago, Sker fer life said:

I have to work, so I will be doing only one of those three things.

So is it the cases of beer or smoking a brisket?

Here is where I will be.

First Huskers Football Game of the Season, Sept. 1 – Huskers vs. Akron Zips- is at Gino’s East. Kickoff 5:00 p.m. AZ time

Phoenix-Gino-s-East-street-view.jpg 3626 East Indian School Road,  Phoenix

We are excited to announce our featured watch-site for our season opener is new with us this year,  Gino’s East at 3626 East Indian School Road,  Phoenix, Arizona, 85018.

And they are very excited to be one of our watch-sites…for their first Game Day, they will be having give aways, playing our Nebraska songs, and making us feel right at home.  For our Pot Luck last Sunday they brought 10 different free pizzas!

Gino's East Logo

As always, if traveling to Gino’s East doesn’t work for you, support your favorite official HNAZ watch-sites

• Plus1 1

Good a place as any to post this.  My kids daycare had Herbie and the cheerleaders stop by yesterday:

V1TUaGi.jpg

i3zAYED.jpg

zEeEQee.jpg

0Q5XoII.jpg

eO6GP6G.jpg

And all 3 of them with Herbie

P5m2Rv4.jpg

Needless to say, the almost 3yr old was mad when we didn't put him in a Husker shirt at first this morning.  I was more than happy to oblige his request.

• Plus1 3

2 hours ago, teachercd said:

Who is cooking up what for Saturday?

For those of you that smoke meats, do you do it the day before the game?

Depends what you're cooking. Pork ribs take maybe 5 or 6 hours to cook, so having them ready before a 2:30 game is perfectly doable, and even for an 11am game if you get up early or serve them at halftime. For a pork butt or brisket, though, you're looking at an overnight cook for anything other than a 7pm game.

• Plus1 1
6 hours ago, teachercd said:

Who is cooking up what for Saturday?

For those of you that smoke meats, do you do it the day before the game?

Pretty much what @Toe said.

I like cooking wings for games.  Good finger food and you can easily make a lot of them fairly quickly.  I do them over coals and they are awesome.

I also like doing ribs.  I get them done in about 4-5 hours so I can have them for afternoon or late games.

• Plus1 1