Tristan Gebbia

3 minutes ago, Hunter94 said:

Frost's comments are interesting......."some of the decisions i agreed with, some i didn't"........i wonder how they reached this decision...show of hands?

Mario?? .........Frost having 2nd thoughts.......if he starts Gebbia and sits Martinez, does AM walk?     I doubt it.......

He said it was unanimous.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Hunter94 said:

Frost's comments are interesting......."some of the decisions i agreed with, some i didn't"........i wonder how they reached this decision...show of hands?

Mario?? .........Frost having 2nd thoughts.......if he starts Gebbia and sits Martinez, does AM walk?     I doubt it.......

Unless I'm misreading what you're saying, I think Frost was talking about players who decided to leave, not where certain players were positioned on the depth chart.

• Plus1 1

Well, if his decision has been made, as it appears, best of luck to him.

I can understand the reasoning and it would be a tough choice for anyone, I think. The risk of being a 4  year backup is something I would worry about a lot, if I thought myself capable of NFL play later. It'll be interesting to see where he ends up.

• Plus1 1

For schools that started on August 20th, he will probably have until this Friday to get enrolled for the fall semester.  There are a number of schools that use the quarter system, so he will have 2-3 more weeks to get enrolled at those schools.  He probably has a short list of schools to transfer to and won't waste any time moving on.

• Plus1 1
14 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Yeah, I'll go ahead and guarantee that TG plays to some degree if he stays at Nebraska in 2018, barring him sustaining some kind of injury or some act of God.

I'm sure he's extremely excited about handing the ball off with a few minutes left in the 4th quarter in the few blowouts we have for the next 4 years.

I can't blame Gebbia for exploring his options, I hope he sticks with the team but if put in the same situation would probably look for a place that would help me best achieve my goals. It would be selfish of us to expect or feel owed anything else.

• Plus1 4

Just now, Mavric said:

Actually, it's pretty much the norm.  To be expected.  Just like POB transferring.

I know this happens a lot.  But, there are also a lot of schools that can have two good QBs on the roster at the same time.

I'm sick and tired of sitting with one good QB and scared they are going to get hurt.

• Plus1 2
Just now, BigRedBuster said:

I know this happens a lot.  But, there are also a lot of schools that can have two good QBs on the roster at the same time.

I'm sick and tired of sitting with one good QB and scared they are going to get hurt.

Give Frost some time to build the roster of QB's back up, and it will look better.  Next year already looks better with Vedral or Bunch serving as a capable backup, and McCaffrey being a wildcard in the QB room.

• Plus1 3
  • Mavric changed the title to Tristan Gebbia