Tristan Gebbia

7 minutes ago, Saunders said:

4 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Just about to post the same thing as I saw on my twitter feed. This is part of the culture change Frost is pushing....team before "me" and a focus on building a brotherhood.

Wonderful sentiment, but the situations are vastly different. 

• Plus1 5

I don't think Frost is wrong or anything for wanting to have the QB race settled. I don't think he's wrong for picking AM.

I just think the idea that Gebbia could put in any more "work" and still win the job is just flat out wrong. For Gebbia to win the job at this point, AM would need to fail or to be injured - work and effort on Gebbias part has nothing to do with that.

• Plus1 6

10 hours ago, gorp512 said:

But all things being equal, Martinez was going to win out as he is their guy.

There may be some modicum of truth to this. I argued most of fall camp that TG needed to win the job convincingly if he was going to get the nod. Otherwise, I felt AM would win a tiebreaker as 'their guy.'

That said, I fully believe the coaches when they say this was a close race that came down to the end. They said that would be a possibility and more impartial observers corroborated what Frost and the coaching staff were seeing.

18 minutes ago, Enhance said:

There may be some modicum of truth to this. I argued most of fall camp that TG needed to win the job convincingly if he was going to get the nod. Otherwise, I felt AM would win a tiebreaker as 'their guy.'

That said, I fully believe the coaches when they say this was a close race that came down to the end. They said that would be a possibility and more impartial observers corroborated what Frost and the coaching staff were seeing.

Oh totally. 

Which is likely a giant testament to how well Gebbia actually did in camp. 

42 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Its not important to build a brotherhood in 2018 but it was back when Frost and Wistrom played. :)

I mean, had Frost not gotten beat out for a job and transferred from Stanford to Nebraska, that brotherhood would never have been built. ;)

• Plus1 5
7 minutes ago, dvdcrr said:

Awful... you mean like leaving a a TEAM high and dry type of awful?  (There's that nasty word again:  "TEAM"  What does that mean, I wonder?)

No, your take. Your take was awful. And it made me spit blue liquid out of my mouth; that's how bad it was. 

• Plus1 2

Some of the takes on here are terrible. Gebbia is talented and deserves to start somewhere but it was never going to be here. He took his chance to battle it out but he was never going to earn the starting job here once Martinez secured it. He isn't ideal for this offense and there are more ideal guys coming into the system. If he waited he is just delaying the inevitable and losing time. He has NFL talent, he should give it a shot. If the ball was in your court and you saw the writing on the wall you would do whats best for you. Brotherhood is a great concept, but only when its working in everyones best interest. There is something to be said for sacrafice but at the same time people need to do whats best for themselves with integrity. Best of luck to Tristian, I hope he can make the most of his next opportunity

• Plus1 7
  • Mavric changed the title to Tristan Gebbia