Tristan Gebbia

5 hours ago, husker98 said:

anyone who thought we were some how going to keep both martinez and gebbia after the winner of the QB battle was named is in need of a reality check

I'll let the coaches know so they can get themselves checked out. If you would please, warn us before Wednesday of game week so we don't cut it so close next time.

• Plus1 2
10 minutes ago, brophog said:

I'll let the coaches know so they can get themselves checked out. If you would please, warn us before Wednesday of game week so we don't cut it so close next time.

I was that kid who turned in homework late so..................................................................................... no.

• Mavric changed the title to Gebbia Not at Practice - Transferring to Oregon State

10 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

Some of the takes on here are terrible. Gebbia is talented and deserves to start somewhere but it was never going to be here. He took his chance to battle it out but he was never going to earn the starting job here once Martinez secured it. He isn't ideal for this offense and there are more ideal guys coming into the system. If he waited he is just delaying the inevitable and losing time. He has NFL talent, he should give it a shot. If the ball was in your court and you saw the writing on the wall you would do whats best for you. Brotherhood is a great concept, but only when its working in everyones best interest. There is something to be said for sacrafice but at the same time people need to do whats best for themselves with integrity. Best of luck to Tristian, I hope he can make the most of his next opportunity

I agree with this post, but also believe TG should have given the coaches a heads up, so they could plan ahead.  He could have easily just sat down with Frost or Verduzo this summer, and said that he is going to fight for that starting position, but if he doesn’t get it and it looks like he might be on the bench for a while, he is going look at the best option that allows him to follow his dream of playing in the nfl.  At that time. Frost could of tried to get someone else, if he felt that was appropriate (like Burrows, etc), and be better prepared.  Stated another way, I don’t fault TG for following his dream - I just wish it was done in a way that gave NU more time to address the situation.  Indeed, if Frost had the heads up, I think they could have talked it out after the starter decision was made, and TG might possibly have stayed till the end of the season (or at the very least, Frost could help TG figure out his options - I’m sure Frost would have helped him).

(The sad part is the timing.  I completely understand why TG needs to rush).

• Plus1 2

I may look at a random Oregon State box score to see if Gebbia is even playing next year, but I won’t care too much about him in the future. Gebbia and KJJ were poster children of the Riley era. They were ballyhooed recruits who NU fans put their faith in as the kids who would lead Riley to successes. They ended up doing nothing at NU, just as Riley did for 3 years.

• Plus1 7
32 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

OSU... well good luck to him.  Too bad he didn't get in at USC and guaranteed an NFL career.

USC also has a true freshman starting QB who just skipped his senior year of high school. He'd be in almost the exact same situation as he was in Nebraska. Only difference is he'd be running the west coast offense.

30 minutes ago, Dagerow said:

I agree with this post, but also believe TG should have given the coaches a heads up, so they could plan ahead.  He could have easily just sat down with Frost or Verduzo this summer, and said that he is going to fight for that starting position, but if he doesn’t get it and it looks like he might be on the bench for a while, he is going look at the best option that allows him to follow his dream of playing in the nfl.  At that time. Frost could of tried to get someone else, if he felt that was appropriate (like Burrows, etc), and be better prepared.  Stated another way, I don’t fault TG for following his dream - I just wish it was done in a way that gave NU more time to address the situation.  Indeed, if Frost had the heads up, I think they could have talked it out after the starter decision was made, and TG might possibly have stayed till the end of the season (or at the very least, Frost could help TG figure out his options - I’m sure Frost would have helped him).

(The sad part is the timing.  I completely understand why TG needs to rush).

Only problem with this scenario is that it doesn't seem (from what we know publicly) that Gebbia planned on transferring until very, very recently. No way to give coaches a heads up on it if you never planned on it. 

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to Tristan Gebbia