Tristan Gebbia

5 minutes ago, RunMickeyRun02 said:

In TG's case I would say follow your dreams, you can always adult later. Worst case you end up with a degree from SOMEWHERE that you didn't have to pay for. 

I personally went the 'safe' route and I'm not regretful I did but it doesn't stop me from wondering what would have happened or if I would've been happier.

I hope TG makes it to the pros, but I wish he would have stayed. I can hear MR now, "If you were my son I would tell you to transfer to Oregon State". Does anyone know how good Bunch is? How much do we lose with Bunch? I would like to see Bunch play at lease 25% of the snaps against Akron.

2 minutes ago, Husker_Bohunk said:

In this case, Gebbia has no chance to win the starting job by working harder. Martinez is the guy the coaches wanted to win it all along.

How do you come to that conclusion?  Are you saying Gebbia worked way harder than Martinez because of the stories of his film study?  I am sure Martinez has worked plenty hard since he has gotten to NU, and he has proven himself to be more talented and a more effective QB for Frost's offense.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Husker_Bohunk said:

In this case, Gebbia has no chance to win the starting job by working harder. Martinez is the guy the coaches wanted to win it all along.

Funny. That wasn't your take back in the "vote who will take the first snap against Akron thread". You then said:

Martinez didn't even play football his senior (last) year due to injury. If he wins the starting job then major props to him but I think its more difficult for him to do so after missing an entire year in high school.

• Plus1 1

25 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

I guess we also have Eric Crouch. 1 in 500. 

Surely there’s an example of someone that has left a team and then was drafted. I’m thinking for argument sake the example should be a QB to a QB transfer. 

Russell Wilson, Jake Rudock.  A couple off the top of my head for the Big 10.

1 hour ago, MichiganDad3 said:

Would you advise your child to pursue a dream as an actor or poet? Part of becoming an adult is balancing what I want to do with practicality.

If I were his dad, I would have encouraged him to stick it out this season and be loyal to his "brothers" on the team and then make a thoughtful evaluation at the end of the season on his next steps.  Those brothers on the team may have needed him at some point during the season, whether that was on the field or off the field. 

• Plus1 2

44 minutes ago, MichiganDad3 said:

Would you advise your child to pursue a dream as an actor or poet? 

If I was a 4-star poet coming out of high school as one of the best poets in California history, I wouldn't have committed to a coach who had a mediocre lifetime record at poetry readings and had lost a bunch poetry contests because of poor sonnet management, no matter how much of a nice guy he was.

This may be a wrong tangent.

• Plus1 9
5 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

If Martinez doesn't get injured none of this matters. Ideal situation now is for us to beat down a few of these non-conference teams and get Bunch some late looks. 

With Gebbia's transfer, it also doesn't force the coaches to get Tristan reps early in the game and Martinez can play freely without looking over his shoulder.  I'm pretty confident that it would have taken a lot of poor play for Frost to bench Martinez, but Martinez can just go out and play now.

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to Tristan Gebbia