Tristan Gebbia

So now you're advocating that a player shouldn't try to compete? That they should just give up before even trying? 

So the only two solutions for someone in Tristan Gebbia's shoes are:

Fight for the job and if you lose then just take it on the chin and be happy with your lot in life for the next 3-4 years,

or,

Avoid all competition and chances for a struggle and just go to the place of easiest resistance and if you do that before you disadvantage us then we won't criticize you for it.

???

OK, let me share something that I just read at a rivals board. 

The word from “some insider” ~ HuskerDana, snicker snicker, is = TG did not leave because he did not get the nod to start, but because how it was handled (It = maybe the announcement?). Anyone else who is connected to the program hear this? They refer to HCSF, as saying he would let the QB’s know, when it was decided. Which, Now they are linking HCSF’s comment today, that he would have handled it differently, as an admission of him not doing something. 

Man, I can’t wait for the games to begin! 

giphy.gif 

25 minutes ago, NUance said:

Just curious.  Are you a junior high kid?  

So, no?

Coaches and universities (and any employer really) can do what is best for themselves, but Gebbia is out of line for making a life-decision for himself? Because of the timing? Life comes at you fast, blink.

6 minutes ago, TAKODA said:

The word from “some insider” ~ HuskerDana, snicker snicker, is = TG did not leave because he did not get the nod to start, but because how it was handled (It = maybe the announcement?). Anyone else who is connected to the program hear this? They refer to HCSF, as saying he would let the QB’s know, when it was decided. Which, Now they are linking HCSF’s comment today, that he would have handled it differently, as an admission of him not doing something. 

762695.jpg?b64lines=IApXZSd2ZSBnb3QgcGxl

• Plus1 5

7 minutes ago, TAKODA said:

Man, I can’t wait for the games to begin! 

I bet it was the Rose Ceremony in the locker room that set him off.

635936833700379103483009552_bachelor-ros

It's why we give all the kids medals now.  They're cheap and everybody is happy.

• Plus1 6

I'm convinced 10% of our fan base looks for ways to be mad and/or discredit our coach, whoever that coach may be.  Good thing SF knew what he was getting into.  I for one am happy that AM won and think the future looks bright!  As far as I'm concerned, everything is going amazing and the season begins with a beat down of Akron in 4 days.

• Plus1 7
1 minute ago, Hilltop said:

I'm convinced 10% of our fan base looks for ways to be mad and/or discredit our coach, whoever that coach may be.  Good thing SF knew what he was getting into.  I for one am happy that AM won and think the future looks bright!  As far as I'm concerned, everything is going amazing and the season begins with a beat down of Akron in 4 days.

Ha ha!  Only 10%??  

8 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

I'm convinced our fan base looks for ways to be mad and/or discredit our coach, whoever that coach may be.  Good thing SF knew what he was getting into.  I for one am happy that AM won and think the future looks bright!  As far as I'm concerned, everything is going amazing and the season begins with a beat down of Akron in 4 days.

FIFY, but

Why?

giphy.gif 

50 minutes ago, NUance said:

I appear bad because I think people should live up to their word and honor their commitments?  Because I think it's wrong to bail out on your teammates on the eve of the first game just because you don't win the starting position?  Well, I can't help what other people's opinions are.  Only my own.  

Honor and commitment, words of a bygone era. Crawl back into your cave you horrible person :D

1 minute ago, commando said:

lot's of husker fans take the attitude that once a husker always a husker...unless we find a reason to hate you.  

I’ve never had that attitude but I don’t hate either.

But the well-wishing players who leave is a little weird to me since I don’t know them personally. I don’t ill-wish them either. I’m just indifferent to players who don’t play for Nebraska.

• Plus1 5
  • Mavric changed the title to Tristan Gebbia