Why isn't Hillary Clinton in Jail?

21 minutes ago, Redux said:

Honestly the reason I probably lean further right than left is because of the defensive nature left leaners tend to have, it's just an unattractive quality to me.  Well that and the fact I live in rural Nebraska.

That's not exclusive to the left. If anything it has been the calling card of far right leaning posters here the last few years, but I won't dispute that it comes from all sides.

• Plus1 3

On 8/29/2018 at 3:50 PM, knapplc said:

That's fine, but when people who bring opinion to a facts fight are confronted with facts, there's two ways to respond. They can readjust their opinion to comport with the facts or they can - and we see this here a lot - get angry at those who use facts to form their opinion.  The accusation is that the use of facts to support opinion is "defensive," but it's not - it's truth.

Notice that the people who form their opinions around facts are the ones who last the longest in P&R. That's not an accident. 

Well that right there is going to be the part we disagree about.  Facts unfortunately are subjective when it comes to politics.  Facts can be whatever we want them to be depending on our stance.  We can ignore certain details of facts and amplify others to help tear someone elses opinion or fact to shreds or help persuade someone on the fence.  Political discussion facts are a tricky thing for me because they always sound good  when worded right.

• Plus1 1

Facts, by definition, are not subjective. And that contention is indicative of where people get their information. We do not get to use "alternative facts" and claim they are truth. 

fact
fakt/
noun
noun: fact; plural noun: facts
  1. a thing that is indisputably the case.
    "the most commonly known fact about hedgehogs is that they have fleas"
    synonyms: reality, actuality, certainty; More
    truth, verity, gospel
    "it is a fact that the water is polluted"
    antonyms: lie, fiction
    • used in discussing the significance of something that is the case.
      noun: the fact that
      "the real problem facing them is the fact that their funds are being cut"
    • a piece of information used as evidence or as part of a report or news article.
      synonyms: detail, piece of information, particular, item, specific, element, point, factor, feature, characteristic, ingredient, circumstance, aspect, facet;
      information
      "every fact was double-checked"
  • Plus1 2
2 hours ago, Redux said:

Well that right there is going to ne the part we disagree about.  Facts unfortunately are subjective when it comes to politics.  Facts can be whatever we want them to be depending on our stance.  We can ignore certain details of facts and amplify others to help tear someone elses opinion or fact to shreds or help persuade someone on the fence.  Political discussion facts are a tricky thing for me because they always sound good  when worded right.

So, what do you suggest be the basis of opinions? Fiction?

I guess there's a Deep State, but it's really just powerful people who aren't in government who want to influence government for reasons that don't always follow a clean ideology. 

They operate largely in broad daylight, as they always have, and when we do learn what they've done behind closed doors we're not that shocked because it's always been built into the system. 

They might get together at Davos or Sun Valley, but they generally answer to themselves and are rarely very coordinated.  They donate to both political parties as needed, and still feel they're being under-represented. A lot of them really don't like each other. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Did you watch the Benghazi hearings?

No, and I'm sure everyone in here knows I did not.  As per usual I should not have ventured in because it spiraled into a tangent, that's on me.  And now Landlord is in here doing his cool guy routine so there's that.

As mentioned I don't follow politics much because I frankly don't have the time for it.  And I have enough stress in my life, no need to add having heated personal arguments with people online over things we can't control.  If people believe they can make a difference, then awesome I hope they follow that dream.

On topic, I just don't see any way Hillary ever serves an hour of community service let alone a prison stint lol.  As knapp mentioned, who would prosecute her?  It's a sure loss, she will walk every time.  it's a moot discussion.  The only reason he posted it to begin with was to make the point that Trump and the Repubs only used it as a way to deceive simpletons into voting Trump.  I guess that's probably partly true, but yeah, #politics.....it's generally the status quo of any campaign any more so I don't really see why it would be surprising to anyone.

It's not my fault if you can't craft an actual argument and have to resort to personal insults. And if it makes me a cool guy to point out logical fallacies then....cool, guy. 

I'm sorry I can't control other people's decisions on what they +1 or not. Also not sure how I could possibly post in a way to intentionally avoid obtaining +1's. Believe me I'd be fine with a reputation of 0. 

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Landlord said:

It's not my fault if you can't craft an actual argument and have to resort to personal insults. And if it makes me a cool guy to point out logical fallacies then....cool, guy. 

I'm sorry I can't control other people's decisions on what they +1 or not. Also not sure how I could possibly post in a way to intentionally avoid obtaining +1's. Believe me I'd be fine with a reputation of 0. 

You're the only one I even remotely insulted by calling you a cool guy.  If you're referring to the use of the word dickish used in genral towards a bulk of posters, sorry you got offended.  It's fine if the regulars in here want to keep the status quo vibe in here the way it is.  I was just pointing out that it's not a welcoming environment, and I'm definitely not the only one who feels that way.

Now, that was my one and only direct respons to you here.  Anything else please take it to the shed if you really want to get into it.

• Plus1 2