Best Wineries Around Lincoln?

1. I like dark dry red wines, but it seems that all Nebraska wineries specialize in sweet wines, whites, or rose`. So they all kinda suck if you ask me. Nebraska climate can't get the kind of red grapes you need, I guess.

2. At first glance, I thought that this thread was asking where to find the best wieners.

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, Enhance said:

James Arthur Vineyard is probably the most popular. It's about 20 minutes away from the city. I took my wife (then girlfriend) there quite a few times when we lived in Lincoln.

Went there quite a few years ago but easily my favorite.

I dont like Wine but my wife does. We hit a few up here in MN and James Arthur is still my favorite.

Not that this helps but in and around Boise, Idaho where I live there is a strong and growing group of winery's.  I have one about 2 miles from where I live.  Not a huge wine fan, but the owner is also a great chef, so they serve great food and the view is spectacular.  They have bands playing a couple of times a month during the summer. Good times. 

On 8/28/2018 at 1:21 PM, Ulty said:

1. I like dark dry red wines, but it seems that all Nebraska wineries specialize in sweet wines, whites, or rose`. So they all kinda suck if you ask me. Nebraska climate can't get the kind of red grapes you need, I guess.

2. At first glance, I thought that this thread was asking where to find the best wieners.

Stoysich for all your weiner needs although I've also heard good things Wahoo Locker.

Nebraska Weinery had some terrific hot dogs during the CWS.  I must've gone there at least 3 times.

On 8/28/2018 at 1:21 PM, Ulty said:

Our growing season isn't long enough to produce reds with any character, so the local growers stick with white. They produce some reds, but they have no flavor, and because they're small batch, almost boutique wines, they cost a lot.  As much as I want to support local growers, I can't bear their stuff.

If you want ambience, James Arthur up by Raymond is nice. I haven't been, but I've heard good things about Soaring Wings, about 45 minutes from downtown Lincoln near Springfield.