Defensive Playmakers

Hence all of the "OR" on the depth chart. I don't get a sense the coaches could answer this question, based on their interviews. I think they're hoping someone starts answering that.

The guy I'll say is Caleb Tannor. When you have a guy the coaches talk about needing to learn a lot more and yet still expect to get a lot of playing time that tends to be because he has so much talent the potential is outweighing the negatives.

3 minutes ago, brophog said:

Hence all of the "OR" on the depth chart. I don't get a sense the coaches could answer this question, based on their interviews. I think they're hoping someone starts answering that.

The guy I'll say is Caleb Tannor. When you have a guy the coaches talk about needing to learn a lot more and yet still expect to get a lot of playing time that tends to be because he has so much talent the potential is outweighing the negatives.

Smart safe answer. (I agree)  I can see that.  They are looking/hoping to find the next Shaquem Griffin.  Let the top guys get some real live looks.  

44 minutes ago, BoSolich said:

akron only scored over 30 points 4 times last year. (AR pine bluff, bowling green, ball st, ohio)

if they get to 30 we should be very worried about this defense.

If we give up half of that I want to know who gave up the pick 6. 

Edit: Video below is Terry Bowden on his team, in particular his offense. Gives a good idea why I say this.

Terry Bowden on 2018 Zips

2 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I’m hoping Lamar Jackson is the next Alonzo Moore. Different positions but the fans were really down on Moore for seemingly dropping every pass then during his senior year he made some really good catches and seemed to have fixed the problem.

The change in his demeanor in his interviews, and knowing how tough Fisher is, really has me excited that this sort of turnaround has happened. His latest interview talks quite a bit about his film study on opposing Akron receivers and QB and when a guy this talented starts focusing on the details, exciting things tend to happen.

59 minutes ago, brophog said:

The change in his demeanor in his interviews, and knowing how tough Fisher is, really has me excited that this sort of turnaround has happened. His latest interview talks quite a bit about his film study on opposing Akron receivers and QB and when a guy this talented starts focusing on the details, exciting things tend to happen.

Still a lot a hype that has never paid off, defense playmaker......I will just hope for a serviceable C+ game from him.

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, KingBlank said:

Still a lot a hype that has never paid off, defense playmaker......I will just hope for a serviceable C+ game from him.

He's still a junior, and unless it's his fault people were overhyped on him, all he's done is played when asked to, because he was one of the 2 best CBs we had. He's now been considered to be one of the best 2 CBs on the team by 2 different coaching staffs. If he goes out there and doesn't play great, chances are the person behind him will play even worse. All he can do is play as well as he can play, which imo will be a lot better after being coached by this staff.

• Plus1 1
24 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

He's still a junior, and unless it's his fault people were overhyped on him, all he's done is played when asked to, because he was one of the 2 best CBs we had. He's now been considered to be one of the best 2 CBs on the team by 2 different coaching staffs. If he goes out there and doesn't play great, chances are the person behind him will play even worse. All he can do is play as well as he can play, which imo will be a lot better after being coached by this staff.

He is still a junior?!  Two starting years at the position you should be a stud not a hopeful prospect.  Corner back is one of the top positions players can play immediately.  No he was not one of the best corners, he was promised a starting spot by Riley. Nhis play on the field showed that he should not have been playing.  It is whatever he needs to prove himself or one of the freshman will take his spot.  He has not done what he asked to, he been burned on many occasions and shys away from actually making a tackle.  He is horrible in run support, I am not even going to get into his break speed, incorrectly turning on receivers and a complete inability to look back for the ball.  That is how he played.  Has that changed?  maybe it has but I reserve “playmaker” for someone who makes plays.

• Plus1 1