*** 2021 Recruiting ***

Priority:

NT - We'll see where some of the current young guys end up playing.  But a true NT would be really handy in this class.

TE - Didn't take one in 2020 so we'll need to make up for that.

OL - We were light in 2020 (after being heavy in 2019).  Off to a really good start here.

QB - The odds would tell you that it's unlikely both McCaffrey and Smothers graduate here.  Have to have one every class.

Current Scholarships/Commits

QB - 1 - Peter Costelli
RB - 1-2 - Javion HuntCornelius ShawKelly LoiseauDevin NealCaleb Berry
WR - 2-3 - Brody BrechtTrevonte RuckerTroy StellatoJaylin NoelBrashard SmithRomello BrinsonKeagan JohnsonJaylin NoelJace WilliamsChristian Leary
TE - 1-2 - AJ RollinsThomas FidoneMiles Campbell
OT - 2-3 - TEDDY PROCHAZKA, Trey Zuhn
OG/C - 2 - HENRY LUTOVSKY

NT - 1-2 - Griffin LiddleMichael Mokofisi
DE - 2-3 - Ryan Keeler, Omarion Fa'amoeCade DenhoffDerek WilkinsTobechi OkoliRu'Quan Buckley
ILB - 2 - RANDOLPH KPAIJaden HarrellChristopher PaulSeth Malcom

OLB - 2-3 - TJ Bollers, Travion Ford, Landon JacksonDylan BrooksJeremiah WilliamsTerrence LewisNaquan BrownDemeioun RobinsonDanny StutsmanTyler McLaurin

CB - 1-2 - Avante DickersonKaleb HigginsJimmy Wyrick
S - 1-2 - Bryce Stephens

ATH - Denzel BurkeShawn HardyGabe Stephens

Early enrollees: Prochazka, Kpai

Edited by Mavric
Updated

15 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Is this normal? Is it a good sign or a bad sign, or is it just an interesting tidbit?

I don't follow recruiting that closely, so I'm genuinely curious.  Thanks!

I think some of the top recruiting schools that have tons of local talent. Say Florida. They dont need to send out as many offers because their hit percentage is going to be alot better because your odds of keeping a local kid home to play in front of mom and dad is a way easier sell than what we have to sell. So we have to maybe pursue or feel out more kids to see which ones are interested in Nebraska.

7 hours ago, funhusker said:

Is this normal? Is it a good sign or a bad sign, or is it just an interesting tidbit?

I don't follow recruiting that closely, so I'm genuinely curious.  Thanks!

I don't think it really says anything one way or the other.  Other than we are working on a lot of guys.

Each school does things differently.  This staff has taken the approach of trying to get a lot of kids interested with offers to cast as wide of a net as possible.  All things being equal, that's probably a good thing.  One thing that would make it not equal is are you able to put the time and resources into really building a relationship with all those guys or are some of them slipping through the cracks such that that number isn't really as big as it would appear.

15 hours ago, Mavric said:

I don't think it really says anything one way or the other.  Other than we are working on a lot of guys.

Each school does things differently.  This staff has taken the approach of trying to get a lot of kids interested with offers to cast as wide of a net as possible.  All things being equal, that's probably a good thing.  One thing that would make it not equal is are you able to put the time and resources into really building a relationship with all those guys or are some of them slipping through the cracks such that that number isn't really as big as it would appear.

It reminds me a lot of what I used to do in NCAA football lol I would offer as many kids as possible and see if I gain any interest. If not, oh well, time to move on. In reality I think it's the same way. Frost and co cast that wide net and see who might actually be interested in Nebraska, see who they gain traction with and build relationships from there. Because of the geographical location I would say these offers benefit us more than anything. It's the same thing in sales, the more calls you make the better chance you have to find people interested in what you're selling and then actually make a big sale. 

29 minutes ago, Treand3 said:

I feel some of it is that Frost is still trying to build his roster as well. When depth and overall talent increase, I bet you see those numbers drop some. Maybe not bottom half but when things are more stable we could see a decrease. 

I'm curious on this as well.  As we start to fill in the talent we need, (hopefully) win some more games and (hopefully) get more traction with more top-end talent, will we see these numbers go down.

Did Frost or someone last year say that they are are also offering so many people because they are wanting to build awareness of Nebraska again? Maybe I'm totally off on that, but I could see offering kids all over just to get into schools and get the Nebraska name out there more and more.

• Plus1 1

Fake coach Twitter accounts have been getting some run this week.  Apparently people are creating fake account purporting to be coaches and then contacting recruits with false information.

Apparently it's reached the next step in its evolution with fake recruit accounts.  At least one claimed to commit when it was only a fake account.  And an Alabama staffer fell for one this morning.

What a time to be alive....

We seem to have a legit shot at more high caliber players than I can recall this early in the recruiting process. Per 247 we are in the warm category with these 4 recruits. FYI if all 4 committed today it would take us to 5th in the rankings. 

Thomas Fidone- .98

Terrence Lewis- .98 (5 star)

Avante Dickerson- .96

TJ Bollers- .93

I like the direction things are trending with this class.

• Plus1 6
6 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

We seem to have a legit shot at more high caliber players than I can recall this early in the recruiting process. Per 247 we are in the warm category with these 4 recruits. FYI if all 4 committed today it would take us to 5th in the rankings. 

Thomas Fidone- .98

Terrence Lewis- .98 (5 star)

Avante Dickerson- .96

TJ Bollers- .93

I like the direction things are trending with this class.

Frost did say we are finally caught up and where we need to be for this recruiting class. It's showing here early. 

• Plus1 1