*** 2021 Recruiting ***

Priority:

NT - We'll see where some of the current young guys end up playing.  But a true NT would be really handy in this class.

TE - Didn't take one in 2020 so we'll need to make up for that.

QB - The odds would tell you that it's unlikely both McCaffrey and Smothers graduate here.  Have to have one every class.

2021 Profiles

Current Scholarships/Commits

Official Visit Trackers: 247 - Rivals

QB - 1 - 
RB - 2 - Javion HuntCornelius ShawKelly LoiseauCaleb BerryMalik NewtonProphet BrownDeshun MurrellLogan Diggs
WR - 2-3 - Jaylin NoelRomello BrinsonKeagan JohnsonJace WilliamsTommi HillChauncey MagwoodXavier WorthyKeontez LewisPatrick BryantShawn HardyMichael JacksonCristian DixonBryson GreenBlaine Green
TE - 2 - AJ RollinsThomas FidoneMiles CampbellJUCO Quentin MooreErik Olsen
OT - 2-3 - TEDDY PROCHAZKA, BRANSON YAGERCaleb BanksMarcus MbowMaximus Gibbs
OG/C - 1-2 - HENRY LUTOVSKY

NT - 1-2 - Michael MokofisiTaleeq RobbinsTim Keenan
DE - 2-3 - Ryan Keeler, Omarion Fa'amoeDerek WilkinsTobechi OkoliRu'Quan BuckleyTrinity Bell
ILB - 2 - RANDOLPH KPAICHRISTOPHER PAULSeth MalcomDeshauwn AlleyneBaron HopsonCollin Oliver

OLB - 2-3 - PATRICK PAYTONTJ Bollers, Dylan BrooksJeremiah WilliamsNaquan BrownDanny StutsmanTyler McLaurinIan JacksonPatrick Hisatake

CB - 1-2 - Kaleb HigginsJimmy WyrickJUCO De'Jahn WarrenDenzel BurkeKeuan ParkerJamier Johnson
S - 1-2 - Bryce StephensTyler HibblerWil Latu

Early enrollees: Prochazka, Kpai, Paul

Edited by Mavric
Updated

Not being able to have the spring game and have local kids watch practice has really hurt us. Saving graces may come from getting some kids out of Oklahoma. IF the season gets canceled along with OVs we are going to have a class in the 40s/50s. 

The bad: 

Dickerson to Minn

Keegan leaning to hawks 

Ford to Missouri 

Terrance Lewis likely to Tenn @ 3 

Officially out for Brecht (likely Iowa bound. May hurt us with Fidone) 
Bollers likely Wisky bound 

On the bright side:
New OL commit from Utah

Noel down to ISU/Neb (good chance for us here)

?We may have college football this year?

I think the whole Covid-19 situation hurts Nebraska as much as any program in the nation. We only have a handful of in-state kids worthy of a scholarship. We rely heavily on getting out of state kids to campus in the spring. I see more kids staying closer to home this cycle. I don't see us getting a great class because of this. 

• Fire 2
3 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

I think the whole Covid-19 situation hurts Nebraska as much as any program in the nation. We only have a handful of in-state kids worthy of a scholarship. We rely heavily on getting out of state kids to campus in the spring. I see more kids staying closer to home this cycle. I don't see us getting a great class because of this. 

You're probably right, except for Nebraska kids. We really need games this fall, for recruiting and for all of our sanity.

56 minutes ago, HS_Coach_C said:

You're probably right, except for Nebraska kids. We really need games this fall, for recruiting and for all of our sanity.

Minnesota and Iowa I would consider close. Still have time to get both of them. Not all kids will have the chance to play at home so they will do what they have to, just a lot harder to get quality ones this year I feel. Hope to be wrong 

6 minutes ago, Ziebol said:

I don't see a profile for him but Patrick Payton from OLB just got a couple CB's for Nebraska and is announcing a commitment at 2:30. Would be some damn good news finally.

So, with the LB's that are choosing other schools, rather than us, is the "good news" that we "finally" have a recruit or that this recruit is better than what we missed out on?

For me, it's starting to feel like the top players on our board are looking to other schools and we are finding a good *** player take the spot.  Anyone else's mind going there?

16 minutes ago, Ziebol said:

I don't see a profile for him but Patrick Payton from OLB just got a couple CB's for Nebraska and is announcing a commitment at 2:30. Would be some damn good news finally.

Miami Herald All-Dade 8A-5A first-team selection after 17.5 sack season at Miami High

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

So, with the LB's that are choosing other schools, rather than us, is the "good news" that we "finally" have a recruit or that this recruit is better than what we missed out on?

For me, it's starting to feel like the top players on our board are looking to other schools and we are finding a good *** player take the spot.  Anyone else's mind going there?

I mean it's hard to fill the void of losing Lewis since he is a top 20 player in the country, but this helps as he is a Miami kid that went to the same school as Flemming and Delaney ( also Lewis until he transferred to another school). This is a great pick up if it happens because it keeps that pipe line flowing, gets a solid player at a position of extreme need, and could end up helping with Lewis in the long run. 

17 minutes ago, Ziebol said:

Just created one.  Thanks.

Just now, BIG ERN said:

Miami Herald All-Dade 8A-5A first-team selection after 17.5 sack season at Miami High

This seems .... good.

Will be interesting.  247 just has the two Crystal Ball picks for Nebraska.  Rivals FutureCast just has one pick for Miami.  We'll see who knows more....

3 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Just created one.  Thanks.

This seems .... good.

Will be interesting.  247 just has the two Crystal Ball picks for Nebraska.  Rivals FutureCast just has one pick for Miami.  We'll see who knows more....

Looking at the futurecast, looks like it was made on May of last year. The two CB's for N on 247 are from this past hour.

• Plus1 1
56 minutes ago, Ziebol said:

Thank. God. 

more ammo for the TL storm. Once he starts taking visits I don’t see him sticking. Especially if we keep getting FL guys.