*** 2021 Recruiting ***

Priority:

NT - We'll see where some of the current young guys end up playing.  But a true NT would be really handy in this class.

TE - Didn't take one in 2020 so we'll need to make up for that.

QB - The odds would tell you that it's unlikely both McCaffrey and Smothers graduate here.  Have to have one every class.

2021 Profiles

Current Scholarships/Commits

Official Visit Trackers: 247 - Rivals

QB - 1 - Heinrich Haarberg
RB - 2 - Javion HuntCornelius ShawKelly LoiseauCaleb BerryMalik NewtonProphet BrownDeshun MurrellLogan DiggsGabe Ervin
WR - 2-3 - Jaylin NoelRomello BrinsonKeagan JohnsonJace WilliamsTommi HillChauncey MagwoodXavier WorthyKeontez LewisPatrick BryantShawn HardyMichael JacksonCristian DixonBryson GreenBlaine Green
TE - 2 - AJ RollinsThomas FidoneMiles CampbellJUCO Quentin MooreErik Olsen
OT - 2-3 - TEDDY PROCHAZKA, BRANSON YAGERCaleb BanksMarcus MbowMaximus Gibbs
OG/C - 1-2 - HENRY LUTOVSKY

NT - 1-2 - Michael MokofisiTaleeq RobbinsTim Keenan
DE - 2-3 - Ryan Keeler, Omarion Fa'amoeDerek WilkinsTobechi OkoliRu'Quan BuckleyTrinity Bell
ILB - 2 - RANDOLPH KPAICHRISTOPHER PAULSeth MalcomDeshauwn AlleyneBaron HopsonCollin Oliver

OLB - 2-3 - PATRICK PAYTONTJ Bollers, Dylan BrooksJeremiah WilliamsNaquan BrownTyler McLaurinIan JacksonPatrick Hisatake

CB - 1-2 - Kaleb HigginsJimmy WyrickJUCO De'Jahn WarrenDenzel BurkeKeuan ParkerJamier Johnson
S - 1-2 - Bryce StephensTyler HibblerWil Latu

Early enrollees: Prochazka, Kpai, Paul

Edited by Mavric
Updated

1 hour ago, Atbone95 said:

Assuming there is a season this year.... it will be interesting to see how John Bivens does in summer workouts and eventually fall camp. You'd think a good showing would leave the staff feeling comfortable taking 1 RB instead of 2 this class. 

I guess there is some time between now and NSD.  But I kind of doubt there to that position yet.  If he basically hasn't played in three years and is only now getting cleared to play, I can't imagine they're counting on much from him for now.  Maybe for the next class if he looks good this fall.

On 5/5/2020 at 9:53 AM, Mavric said:

I guess there is some time between now and NSD.  But I kind of doubt there to that position yet.  If he basically hasn't played in three years and is only now getting cleared to play, I can't imagine they're counting on much from him for now.  Maybe for the next class if he looks good this fall.

Yep.. agree here. I think they would prefer he build strength. That he works with our ortho staff to further strengthen his new knee and gain confidence in the rebuild before they allow him to cut it lose and play at full speed. That said though, when allowed i do think he'll impress.

5 minutes ago, Decked said:

If you’re gonna criticize one thing about this cycle is has to be DL recruiting. What is going on so far? 

Was thinking the same thing a few days ago. It seems as if we have absolutely no one interested at this point, but hopefully they're doing well behind the scenes.

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, HS_Coach_C said:

Was thinking the same thing a few days ago. It seems as if we have absolutely no one interested at this point, but hopefully they're doing well behind the scenes.

Coach T has been kind of a recruiting liability tbh

5 hours ago, Decked said:

Coach T has been kind of a recruiting liability tbh

Well, let's go over who he has got. The 2019 we will give to Dawson except for Keem Green. For Hutmacher, Coach T was the secondary recruiter for so we will put him on because he is coaching him. 

Keem Green  .89 -JuCo

Nash Hutmacher  .87

Marquis Black .86

Jordan Riley .85 - JuCo

Pheldarius Payne .85 -JuCo

On the roster we have 13 scholarship D lineman. I like the distribution. We are a little heavy on the junior class, but this allows us to possibly redshirt a Juco player if we need to. We are not in dire need of d-lineman and will not take more than 3 this cycle. For only 3 players out there-with rotating-we should be fine. The numbers are right where we should be as we have a 4 deep at each spot with guys that can rotate positions. 

Seniors- Ben Stille- 1

Juniors- 6

Sophomores- 2

Freshman and Redshirt Freshman-4 

So far after one full cycle he has brought in an average of .86 player rating. We are sort of heavy on the JuCo route and that is probably to even out the numbers with the younger guys brought in for 2019. We are not sitting bad numbers wise, and for this class the main thing for DLine is getting a true NT. We will probably take two defensive ends to take three D-lineman total this cycle.

Right now, I do not think it is fair to be judge him off one cycle. After 2021 if he strikes out I would potentially be worried. If after 2022 he is still struggling than something might be up. He is no Hack Hughes here, Coach T is on the trail a lot and he is trying to get a Polynesian pipeline to Nebraska. Another factor is Dawson can definitely help recruit dline as well as his OLB position. He has connections in the Northeast and Tuioti is more West Coast. I am happy with D-line recruiting and will hold judgement until I have seen more. We also do not know how well he is at developing, so that is still something he may bring to the table. 

• Plus1 2

I thought after last year people would stop judging this staff so hard early in the cycle, but I guess not. Last week we just got a solid recruit out of Miami no one even knew we'd offered. Last year guys like Keyshawn Greene, Jaiden Francois, Marcus Fleming and Alante Brown seemingly came out of nowhere. I don't know if this staff intentionally keeps things under the radar or not, but they have a history of doing things quietly so I won't judge their recruiting ability or class by the limited information we have right now.

• Plus1 1

19 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

You do not have to agree, as I think he is an idiot that strived on negative press.

I think he tends to go negative.  But, I also think he's maybe the best writer in the Nebraska press.  Even though he's negative, many times he's not wrong and he backs it up with information and data.