*** 2021 Recruiting ***

10 hours ago, Warrior10 said:

Will be interesting to see if Isaiah Newcombe gets an offer soon. Name should sound familar....

Utah and Boise offered recently. 

ATH, could play either side. Utah wants him at safety. Said in an article the other day that communication with us and UCLA picking up. High 10's 100 guy. 

I’m assuming that’s Bobby’s son. 

11 hours ago, Warrior10 said:

Will be interesting to see if Isaiah Newcombe gets an offer soon. Name should sound familar....

Utah and Boise offered recently. 

ATH, could play either side. Utah wants him at safety. Said in an article the other day that communication with us and UCLA picking up. High 10's 100 guy. 

Isaiah? Doesn't ring a bell.

Word is this is probably going to be a smaller class.  They're thinking 19-20.  21 or 22 is possible but kind of a stretch right now.  

By my count, we have 11 open spots plus the three over-sign.  That, along with the 7 current commits, would be 21 by itself.  Of course, they could be planning on a couple walk-ons getting a permanent scholarship.  Reimers and Warner come to mind.  But that's also without any attrition.  A slowing pace of that would probably be expected but you'd still think there would be 3 or 4 like there almost always is.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

Word is this is probably going to be a smaller class.  They're thinking 19-20.  21 or 22 is possible but kind of a stretch right now.  

By my count, we have 11 open spots plus the three over-sign.  That, along with the 7 current commits, would be 21 by itself.  Of course, they could be planning on a couple walk-ons getting a permanent scholarship.  Reimers and Warner come to mind.  But that's also without any attrition.  A slowing pace of that would probably be expected but you'd still think there would be 3 or 4 like there almost always is.

I think it's pretty safe to assume at least 3-4 transfers every year, especially with the NCAA making it easier.

So, 7+11+5 or 6= 23 or 24.  I see that as very possible if not probable.  

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

I think it's pretty safe to assume at least 3-4 transfers every year, especially with the NCAA making it easier.

So, 7+11+5 or 6= 23 or 24.  I see that as very possible if not probable.  

Yeah, that's pretty much where I would be.  I think 23 or 24 (out of a max of 25) is pretty much going to be what we see every year going forward.   That's why I was kind of surprised at lower numbers being floated.

6 hours ago, Mavric said:

Yeah, that's pretty much where I would be.  I think 23 or 24 (out of a max of 25) is pretty much going to be what we see every year going forward.   That's why I was kind of surprised at lower numbers being floated.

Frost confirmed on his radio show tonight that it will be a smaller class. Not sure what that means for the exact numbers though. 

2 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Frost confirmed on his radio show tonight that it will be a smaller class. Not sure what that means for the exact numbers though. 

I could be misremembering, but it seems to me this is said quite often and then, with attrition, the class ends up bigger than the coaches imply this time of year. 

7 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I could be misremembering, but it seems to me this is said quite often and then, with attrition, the class ends up bigger than the coaches imply this time of year. 

You could be correct, but it also could be that the coaches encouraged guys to transfer in the past, so the coaches knew there would be available scholarships.  Now that Frost has more of “his guys” in the program, he’s anticipating fewer transfers. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
On 5/12/2020 at 12:45 PM, Mavric said:

A "small" class must mean 21 or so? With the addition of the punter for last class and Isaac Gifford rumored to be put on scholarship, I can see how the numbers drop.

With 14 seniors and scholarships sitting at 82 (accounting for the punter and Gifford), that puts you at 17. Add 3 to over sign and other transfers, I can see how they end up with 20 or 21.