*** 2021 Recruiting ***

At certain positions, Nebraska is stacking. It looks like WR and LB are where they are focused on doing it this year. You do this hoping it pushes guys out who aren't panning out. Nance, Houston, Graham, Hannah have all been recruited over. 

D-line is a problem recruiting wise (stating the obvious). I don't think Nebraska will have him here much longer if he can't land anyone on his own. 

Oline- Steady.

Qb- Steady.

DB- Steady and have options

RB- I think this is where they are being selective. Take the two you want.

TE- We know who they want. 

FB- Jk... 

These are my thoughts and I am trying to apply some tricks to the trade that I know about. I think they want the busts and non contributors gone from the 17-19 classes. Yes, they recruited most of those guys I know. 

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Vince R. said:

At certain positions, Nebraska is stacking. It looks like WR and LB are where they are focused on doing it this year. You do this hoping it pushes guys out who aren't panning out. Nance, Houston, Graham, Hannah have all been recruited over. 

D-line is a problem recruiting wise (stating the obvious). I don't think Nebraska will have him here much longer if he can't land anyone on his own. 

Oline- Steady.

Qb- Steady.

FB- Jk... 

These are my thoughts and I am trying to apply some tricks to the trade that I know about. I think they want the busts and non contributors gone from the 17-19 classes. Yes, they recruited most of those guys I know. 

I don't think TT will be gone as he has only had one class. Honestly, it was Juco heavy but we need all we can get right now.

TT needs to show something for sure and I think his specialty is development. What we need for this cycle is a developmental guy, a true nose that can develop and a stud- preferably a four star. So I do not agree he is near the hot seat as he has again had one full cycle.

D-line is very young so we may only take 3 at maximum this year. You have every right to believe he may be gone but the DLine showed something last year and if it improves I don't see how they even think of firing him. His 2022 class is where if he misses badly on I will get worried. Also, Dawson can get someone from the Northeast every year which would possibly allow TT to focus on a few targets. He is no Hank Hughes. 

15 hours ago, Vince R. said:

Oline- Steady.

Qb- Steady.

FB- Jk... 

I would agree with most of this. D Line seems to be our main position group that has the least traction with some higher end recruits.

Nebraska may fewer commits at this point than many/most other competitors but I think Frost is probably fairly comfortable with not having a bunch of commits by players without having had on campus visits so on.  I suspect he has had plenty of 'misses' and or players who have signed but did so with having done all the due diligence before hand.  I would prefer we recruit guys that want to come to Lincoln and stay for the duration.  Player development really makes the difference in years 3, 4 and 5.  They need to stay that long to get better.  With the prospects for a full regular season being played and practice returning soon, it seems OK to me if they remain patient and get the visits and try to land the best available commitments in the coming months.  There is still about 5 months until signing day.  

26 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

Moved up 7 spots to #33 in the 247 rankings after the commit of Schweitzer today.

That is pretty good considering most have quite a few more commits.  Keep on fishing, Coaches!   Be selective as much as possible. And with the rate of transfers there will probably be quite a few options out there for any holes or particular player types for any areas of extra need down the road as well. 

Our average rating is in the ballpark of the teams right ahead of us, and if we can finish with a couple of are bigger targets (specifically Fidone) that'll pull it up a bit. I think it's a combination of waiting for visits and to see how our board shakes out - Schweitzer is a good example. I think we have a few potential commits lined up, but you don't give another OLB the green light until Bollers makes his decision. Similar for a few other positions I assume. Minny's already losing people as well. We'll finish behind OSU/Michigan/Penn State, and probably right above Wisky/Iowa/Minny. 

Question: This is going to be fairly vague so bear with me. I also can't remember if this recruit is 2021 or 2022. 

Does anyone know of an athlete we offered that had some Nebraska connections? His position might have potentially changed and if I am remembering right he was from somewhere in the Northwest. Thank you for whoever can find him because right now I can't do it searching through threads.

1 hour ago, HuskermanMike said:

Question: This is going to be fairly vague so bear with me. I also can't remember if this recruit is 2021 or 2022. 

Does anyone know of an athlete we offered that had some Nebraska connections? His position might have potentially changed and if I am remembering right he was from somewhere in the Northwest. Thank you for whoever can find him because right now I can't do it searching through threads.

The first one that comes to mind is Erik Olsen.  Mom is from Benkelman and graduated from UNL.

• Thanks 1