OT - 2- - TEDDY PROCHAZKA, BRANSON YAGER
OG/C - 1 - HENRY LUTOVSKY

NT - 0-1 - Zhen Sotelo
DE - 2-3 - JAILEN WEAVERRU'QUAN BUCKLEYTiaoalii Savea
ILB - 3 - RANDOLPH KPAISETH MALCOMMIKAI GBAYOR

OLB - 2-3 - Deonte AndersonWynden Hoohuli

CB - 3 - MARQUES BUFORDMALIK WILLIAMS
S - 1 - KOBY BRETZ

Early enrollees: Haarberg, Ervin, Hardy, Neville, Grimes, Fidone, Carnie, Prochazka, Yager, Lutovsky, Buckley, Kpai, Malcom, Buford, Williams, Bretz

1 hour ago, Schoeny said:

That early enrollee headcount is huge for next year.

We'll likely need some of those guys at WR/DB to step up right away.

I don’t look at this class and think a lot of them are early impact guys besides Fidone, Grimes, and maybe a few DBs. A lot of these dudes need to gain some serious mass. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Schoeny said:

That early enrollee headcount is huge for next year.

We'll likely need some of those guys at WR/DB to step up right away.

3 minutes ago, Decked said:

I don’t look at this class and think a lot of them are early impact guys besides Fidone, Grimes, and maybe a few DBs. A lot of these dudes need to gain some serious mass. 

I'm not sure we really need the WR/DBs to be anyway. What we need are the guys from the last couple years - Betts, Brown, Nixon, Nance, Houston, and Pola-Gates, Farmer, Newsome, Clark, Gifford - to step into bigger roles. Which I expect them to do. Ideally moving forward we don't need guys to be instant impact players and I think we're finally getting there. Fidone is the only one I'd bet on having a large role, but Grimes and Buford would be my sleepers.

25 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

I'm not sure we really need the WR/DBs to be anyway. What we need are the guys from the last couple years - Betts, Brown, Nixon, Nance, Houston, and Pola-Gates, Farmer, Newsome, Clark, Gifford - to step into bigger roles. Which I expect them to do. Ideally moving forward we don't need guys to be instant impact players and I think we're finally getting there. Fidone is the only one I'd bet on having a large role, but Grimes and Buford would be my sleepers.

Good luck with Nance & Houston I fully imagine between last class & this 2021 group they will be pretty far down the depth chart. 

If they land Savea, Dickerson, & Ho’ohuli I see more impact players there. 

28 minutes ago, Decked said:

Good luck with Nance & Houston I fully imagine between last class & this 2021 group they will be pretty far down the depth chart. 

Three guys here could definitely alter the final perception of this class. Where it stands is pretty fantastic and if we miss these three I really hope it doesn't completely damper the mood on this haul. Though that would be a very disappointing, but possible end.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, Decked said:

I have no expectations for those two, they're just guys who have been here. It would be nice to see one or both of them find a role, but yeah the focus is more on the next wave. Just not sure the new signees will immediately leap past them.

Also a good point, those 3 would all be among our best signees this year. But I think Savea and Dickerson will both need a year or two wherever they go, and Ho'ohuli happens to play a spot where we do have some young guys emerging. But he could easily push for time if we get him signed. 

1 minute ago, Husker in WI said:

I have no expectations for those two, they're just guys who have been here. It would be nice to see one or both of them find a role, but yeah the focus is more on the next wave. Just not sure the new signees will immediately leap past them.

Also a good point, those 3 would all be among our best signees this year. But I think Savea and Dickerson will both need a year or two wherever they go, and Ho'ohuli happens to play a spot where we do have some young guys emerging. But he could easily push for time if we get him signed. 

Aren't Houston and Nance RS Sophmores? There is still time there. 

3 minutes ago, spurs1990 said:

If they can’t start over Warner, Falck, Liewer, & martin by now they are basically done for. Let’s be honest. There’s a very, very small chance they pan out. 

• Plus1 4
2 minutes ago, spurs1990 said:

There is for sure, but they need to start holding their spots on the depth chart as new guys come in. From what I can tell every receiver we signed last year immediately passed them, and probably won't relinquish their spot. So Nance and Houston need to stay ahead of the new guys, at least some of them, to have a realistic shot at playing down the road. If they're behind Betts, Nixon (assuming he recovers well), Brown, and Grimes, Neville, Hardy from classes below them - there are only so many snaps to go around. 

1 minute ago, Decked said:

If they can’t start over Warner, Falck, Liewer, & martin by now they are basically done for. Let’s be honest. There’s a very, very small chance they pan out. 

I don't know if that's entirely fair - Warner is polished and a good blocker, Falck is a 5th year guy, and Martin was a 4 star. But they need to stay ahead of the guys younger than them.