*** 2021 Recruiting ***

7 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

OK...so we signed 19.  I'm sure there will be some transfers (always are) so we should be able to sign up to 28, right?

Obviously, we would love to have Savea and Dickerson.  But, those seem to be iffy at this point.

Who else are we really going after to fill the class?

You are now limited to 25 new scholarship guys each year.  Although I think we can have 26 this year because we get one back from Francois leaving.

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, Decked said:

Yes. He is given his rating so far underproducing. What has Martin’s career been like? Let’s face the music. If we had good WRs Martin, Falck, Warner, & Liewer wouldn’t be taking as many snaps as they do now. We have a below average WR corps. One of the worst in the big ten. Houston and Nance must be really awful if they can’t beat them out. Two years in the program. Not even a snap. 

I mean ... he got here in August, we had a discombobulated camp and then he wasn't even declared eligible until after the second or third game.  Not sure how much you're expecting out of a guy like that.

• Plus1 1
Just now, Mavric said:

I mean ... he got here in August, we had a discombobulated camp and then he wasn't even declared eligible until after the second or third game.  Not sure how much you're expecting out of a guy like that.

Would you at least agree that his current level of performance + past performance at Iowa/Michigan has been pretty poor relative to his rating? Not that his rating meant much to me when he came here. I only care about how he performs. He’s not a bad player by any means. But I don’t think he should be any more than a 4th option WR. 

47 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, the rule changed? I thought the B1G allowed teams to over sign by 3.

The over-sign by three has to do with getting to the 85 limit.  And apparently even that is open to a bit of interpretation.  You apparently have to tell the B1G how many you expect to have in June (I think it's June) and you can over-sign by three based on that number.

Without any returning seniors, we would be at 84 right now (by my numbers).  So - if that's the number we turned into the B1G - we could sign four more.  But we're also limited by the NCAA rule limiting new additions to 25 in each cycle.  We'd be at 20 right now (assuming Kolarevic is a scholarship guy) so that would give us five (or six) more spots.  

So basically we could still take 4-6 more depending on which numbers are used.  But that would also include any other transfers we might get.

• Plus1 2

Rivals Recruiting Grades

NEBRASKA
Analysis: Similar to Wisconsin, Nebraska relies on official visits to get kids on its campus because they just don’t have a lot of talent within driving distance of campus. The Cornhuskers, though, sign what is currently the fourth-ranked class in the Big Ten in part because they hit on a high rate of “backyard” talent. Nine of the 19 prospects who signed with Nebraska last week reside either in-state or in bordering states, which is a notably higher percentage than recent classes.

Two of those prospects – tight end Thomas Fidone and offensive tackle Teddy Prochazka – rank among the top 100 overall prospects in the class.

Grade: A-

• 2 weeks later...

2021 Profiles

Current Scholarships/Commits

Official Visit Trackers: 247 - Rivals

QB - 1 - HEINRICH HAARBERG
RB - 1 - GABE ERVIN
WR - 3 - SHAWN HARDYLATRELL NEVILLEKAMONTE GRIMES,
TE - 3 - AJ ROLLINSTHOMAS FIDONEJAMES CARNIE
OT - 2- - TEDDY PROCHAZKA, BRANSON YAGER
OG/C - 1 - HENRY LUTOVSKY

NT - 0-1 - Zhen Sotelo
DE - 2-3 - JAILEN WEAVERRU'QUAN BUCKLEY
ILB - 3 - RANDOLPH KPAISETH MALCOMMIKAI GBAYOR

OLB - 2-3 - WYNDEN HO'OHULI

CB - 3 - MARQUES BUFORDMALIK WILLIAMS
S - 1 - KOBY BRETZ

Early enrollees: Haarberg, Ervin, Hardy, Neville, Grimes, Fidone, Carnie, Prochazka, Yager, Lutovsky, Buckley, Kpai, Malcom, Buford, Williams, Bretz

Edited by Mavric
Updated
  • Plus1 1

Be curious if missing out on Savea we end up taking Sotelo. If he has a chance to contribute down the line and grow the poly connection further...I would also not be angry about somehow getting TMA at WR if we miss on Savea or Dickerson either. 

• Plus1 1
6 hours ago, Mavric said:

2021 Profiles

Current Scholarships/Commits

Official Visit Trackers: 247 - Rivals

QB - 1 - HEINRICH HAARBERG
RB - 1 - GABE ERVIN
WR - 3 - SHAWN HARDYLATRELL NEVILLEKAMONTE GRIMESTitus Mokiao-Atimalala
TE - 3 - AJ ROLLINSTHOMAS FIDONEJAMES CARNIE
OT - 2- - TEDDY PROCHAZKA, BRANSON YAGER
OG/C - 1 - HENRY LUTOVSKY

NT - 0-1 - Zhen Sotelo
DE - 2-3 - JAILEN WEAVERRU'QUAN BUCKLEYTiaoalii Savea
ILB - 3 - RANDOLPH KPAISETH MALCOMMIKAI GBAYOR

OLB - 2-3 - WYNDEN HO'OHULI

CB - 3 - MARQUES BUFORDMALIK WILLIAMS
S - 1 - KOBY BRETZ

Early enrollees: Haarberg, Ervin, Hardy, Neville, Grimes, Fidone, Carnie, Prochazka, Yager, Lutovsky, Buckley, Kpai, Malcom, Buford, Williams, Bretz

Wynden is an OLB?

• Thanks 1
36 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Wynden is an OLB?

Rivals lists him as an OLB.  247 Has him as an ILB.

I think he probably profiles a little better at ILB for us.  But since we are hurting for OLBs I'm guessing they'll give him a look at strongside OLB and see if he can rush the passer.

12 hours ago, Mavric said:

Rivals lists him as an OLB.  247 Has him as an ILB.

I think he probably profiles a little better at ILB for us.  But since we are hurting for OLBs I'm guessing they'll give him a look at strongside OLB and see if he can rush the passer.

I see Kpai at OLB & Wynden at ILB.

• Plus1 1