Huskers To Wear Alternate Uniforms For November 10- Illinois Game

5 hours ago, Fru said:

Not to mention it goes against US Code for respecting the flag

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/4/8

(j) No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform. However, a flag patch may be affixed to the uniform of military personnel, firemen, policemen, and members of patriotic organizations. 

They mean a literal US flag, not the Stars and Stripes.

Also, those NW jerseys are absolutely hideous.

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, DrunkOffPunch said:

They mean a literal US flag, not the Stars and Stripes.

Also, those NW jerseys are absolutely hideous.

How do you define "literal US flag" ?

"No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform. However, a flag patch may be affixed to the uniform of military personnel, firemen, policemen, and members of patriotic organizations."

To make the above uniform they could, and basically are, cutting stars out a flag and cutting stripes out of a flag and placing them over the shoulder pads.

I don't really care if people wanna wear American flag shirts. Just sayin'

• Plus1 1

We wore black jerseys and white pants with black stripes when UCLA whooped us in 2013 as well. I just hate those two alt uniforms where black is the dominant color. I prefer red being the dominant color like the 2012 alternates or the red and chrome we wore versus Illinois with the matte red/black helmets.

6 minutes ago, FTW said:

We wore black jerseys and white pants with black stripes when UCLA whooped us in 2013 as well. I just hate those two alt uniforms where black is the dominant color. I prefer red being the dominant color like the 2012 alternates or the red and chrome we wore versus Illinois with the matte red/black helmets.

I agree on the bad luck but those alts for the UCLA game looked so good esp with the matte helmets. 

• Plus1 1
24 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

How do you define "literal US flag" ?

"No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform. However, a flag patch may be affixed to the uniform of military personnel, firemen, policemen, and members of patriotic organizations."

To make the above uniform they could, and basically are, cutting stars out a flag and cutting stripes out of a flag and placing them over the shoulder pads.

I don't really care if people wanna wear American flag shirts. Just sayin'

I guess if you want argue that a white t-shirt is just cut out of a really big flag you could.

Honestly though, I don’t really care, that’s just how I understand it. I think a lot of ‘flag laws’ are dumb and taken too seriously.

3 minutes ago, DrunkOffPunch said:

I guess if you want argue that a white t-shirt is just cut out of a really big flag you could.

Honestly though, I don’t really care, that’s just how I understand it. I think a lot of ‘flag laws’ are dumb and taken too seriously.

It is, basically. A flag is a design on a rectangular piece of cloth. The pieces of the shirt that are sewn together come from a piece of cloth with the flag's design on it. It's just that the cloth used to make the t-shirt never functioned as a flag. Maybe that distinction is important. I don't care if people want to wear American flag underwear, as long as those some people don't throw hissy fits at certain other things related to the flag and the anthem.

6 hours ago, Moiraine said:

I’m trying to trick the terrorists.

In all seriousness, it’s probably because my 4-H group did song contest with a patriotic theme 2 years in a row when I was 9 and 10. There’s only so many times you can sing “You’re a Grand Old Flag” while wearing flag-print shorts and neon-colored top hats covered in glitter before you lose the will to live.

Pics/Video or it didn't happen