Jump to content
JJ Husker

Locks of the Weak; 2018 edition

Recommended Posts

1-2 last week, 2-5 on the year

 

Week 4 Locks

Georgia -14.5 (Missouri)

Nebraska +18.5 (Michigan)

Wisconsin -3.5 (Iowa)

 

Should call these IDGAF picks. Took me about 45 seconds to pick these out and I wouldn’t put real money on any of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/12/2018 at 12:03 AM, admo said:

Week 3 Locks:

 

Boise St/Oklahoma St - 63.5 - OVER

Maryland -16 (Temple)

Missouri -7 (Purdue)

 

 

1-2 for the weekend (it's NOT A TREND!!! :lol:

3-6 for the year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/13/2018 at 10:00 PM, Mavric said:

Official Picks

Nebraska -11
Houston -1

USC +3.5

 

Other Games Considered

Clemson/GA Southern OVER 47

Florida State/Syracuse UNDER 68

South Florida -10.5

Missouri -6

 

2-7 on Officials.  Ouch

7-6 on Others

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Week 4 Locks of the week:

 

Army +31.5 at Oklahoma

Nebraska +19 at Michigan

Texas A&M +27 at Alabama

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/18/2018 at 4:56 PM, The Murphinator said:

Week 4 Locks

West Virginia -16 (Kansas State)

Penn State -28 (Illinois)

Tennessee +4.5 (Florida)

First week. I thought I would give it a shot.

 

 

Man, remember when Florida vs Tennessee was such a big early season game every year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 7:05 AM, Red Five said:

 

yuck 0-3 for the week. 1-4 on the year.

 

Boise/Ok St O64

ISU +19

SDSU +6

 

3-0 Woooo!  4-4 on the year

 

NIU +10.5

Wake +7.5

Nebraska +18.5

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2-7 on Officials.  Ouch

7-6 on Others

 

Official Picks

Purdue/Boston College OVER 62.5

TCU -3

Troy -4.5

 

Others Considered

West Virginia -15.5

Michigan State -4.5

 

Don't have a really great feeling about anything this week....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/18/2018 at 8:32 AM, teachercd said:

5-2 on the year

 

Michigan -18.5

UGA -14.5

Bama -27

 

Mark it down and lock it up.

2-1 (I think UGA covered, right?)

 

7-3 on the year.

 

This week:

 

Miami -18.5

Michigan -12.5

OSU -4

 

Mark it down and lock it up.  I hope you guys are jumping on these picks and making your bookie pay you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/22/2018 at 9:45 AM, Mavric said:

2-7 on Officials.  Ouch

7-6 on Others

 

Official Picks

Purdue/Boston College OVER 62.5

TCU -3

Troy -4.5

 

Others Considered

West Virginia -15.5

Michigan State -4.5

 

Don't have a really great feeling about anything this week....

 

3-9 on Officials.  Woof

 

9-6 on Others

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, teachercd said:

2-1 (I think UGA covered, right?)

 

7-3 on the year.

 

This week:

 

Miami -18.5

Michigan -12.5

OSU -4

 

Mark it down and lock it up.  I hope you guys are jumping on these picks and making your bookie pay you!

Georgia did not cover, only won by 14. But I’m all for counting it good as I had them at -14.5 also.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/17/2018 at 10:01 PM, JJ Husker said:

1-2 last week, 2-5 on the year

 

Week 4 Locks

Georgia -14.5 (Missouri)

Nebraska +18.5 (Michigan)

Wisconsin -3.5 (Iowa)

 

Should call these IDGAF picks. Took me about 45 seconds to pick these out and I wouldn’t put real money on any of them.

1-2 for the week, 3-7 overall.

It should start to get better. I’m done taking the Huskers every any week.

 

Week 5 picks

Ohio -13 (UMass)

Cincy -17 (UConn)

Michigan -14 (NW)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Georgia did not cover, only won by 14. But I’m all for counting it good as I had them at -14.5 also.

Ha!  Dang it!

 

6-4 on the year...not so special now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/18/2018 at 4:16 PM, admo said:

Week 4 Locks of the week:

 

Army +31.5 at Oklahoma (WIN)

Nebraska +19 at Michigan (LOSS)

Texas A&M +27 at Alabama (WIN)

 

 

 

2-1 for the week, 5-7 on the year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3-9 on Officials

9-6 on Others

 

Official Picks

Nebraska +3.5

Tennessee +31

TCU -10.5

 

Others Considered

Louisville +6.5

Ohio State -3.5

Notre Dame -5.0

Washington/BYU OVER 46

Clemson/Syracuse OVER 65

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Week 5 Locks (not many games left to choose)

Arizona St -21.5
Oregon -1.5
Arizona +3.5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Official Picks

Nebraska +3.5

Tennessee +31

TCU -10.5

 

Others Considered

Louisville +6.5

Ohio State -3.5

Notre Dame -5.0

Washington/BYU OVER 46

Clemson/Syracuse OVER 65

 

4-11 on Officials

11-9 on Others

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/24/2018 at 9:52 AM, teachercd said:

2-1 (I think UGA covered, right?)

 

7-3 on the year.

 

This week:

 

Miami -18.5

Michigan -12.5

OSU -4

 

Mark it down and lock it up.  I hope you guys are jumping on these picks and making your bookie pay you!

1-2

 

7-6 on the year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, admo said:

Week 5 Locks (not many games left to choose)

Arizona St -21.5  WON
Oregon -1.5  WON
Arizona +3.5  LOSS

 

2-1 for the week

7-8 for the year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/30/2018 at 6:40 AM, teachercd said:

1-2

 

7-6 on the year.

This week

 

Illinois -3

Wisconsin -20

NCState -4

 

Mark it down and lock it up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/24/2018 at 10:23 PM, JJ Husker said:

1-2 for the week, 3-7 overall.

It should start to get better. I’m done taking the Huskers every any week.

 

Week 5 picks

Ohio -13 (UMass)

Cincy -17 (UConn)

Michigan -14 (NW)

 

2-1 for the week, 5-8 on the year

 

Week 6

S. Florida -14 (UMass)

N. Illinois -3 (Ball St)

Michigan -17.5 (Maryland)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8-4 YTD:

 

Arizona State +3

Utah +5

Utah State +2.5

 

Other bets played/considered

 

FSU +14

Nebraska/Whisky O 57 (got it early-ish...now 58.5)

Fresno State/Nevada O 60.5 (got a bad number,  now down to 58).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4-11 on Officials

11-9 on Others

 

Official Picks

Texas +7

Syracuse -3.5

Miami -13.5

 

Others Considered

Ohio State -26

Kentucky +6

Missouri -2

Alabama -35.5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Week 6 Locks

 

Auburn -3

Nebraska +18.5

Washington State -17.5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/1/2018 at 11:55 AM, teachercd said:

This week

 

Illinois -3

Wisconsin -20

NCState -4

 

Mark it down and lock it up.

2-1

 

9-7 on the year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/6/2018 at 6:32 PM, admo said:

Week 6 Locks

 

Auburn -3

Nebraska +18.5

Washington State -17.5

 

2-1 for the week

9-9 for the year

 

(Had Iowa State instead of Auburn but didn't lock it up in time, dammit)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, teachercd said:

What was that WSU score?

 

56-37 Wazzu chuckleshuffle

3 hours ago, Mavric said:

I'm taking Husker +8.5 right now

 

I'll get my other picks in later

 

Same on the Huskers.  That line will move

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some pretty interesting games this week, and tough to pick.  For example...

 

Georgia -7 at LSU.  Going to be a great game to watch.
Iowa -5 at home against Indiana.  Opened at -6.  That makes me think Vegas knows something, which makes me nervous.
Michigan -7.5 (at home) against Wisconsin.... Not sure about this one.  Would think a 3-4 pt game.
Washington -3.5 at Oregon.  Huskies are more physical, but I still like Oregon's speed at home.  The points look interesting.
Florida riding a 4 game win streak after knocking off LSU, is a 7 point favorite against 3-3 Vanderbilt.  Wondering if the sharks think Florida will struggle coming off an emotional win.

West Virginia (good team) -6.5 at Iowa State (also a good team).

USC is a 7pt favorite at home against Colorado.  The Buffaloes are better, but I hate night games at the Coliseum.  Even with the points.

 

Should be fun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/2/2018 at 4:42 PM, JJ Husker said:

 

2-1 for the week, 5-8 on the year

 

Week 6

S. Florida -14 (UMass)

N. Illinois -3 (Ball St)

Michigan -17.5 (Maryland)

 

3-0 for the week, 8-8 on the year

 

Nebraska +8.5 (NW)

Miami -6.5 (Virginia)

Penn St -13.5 (Mich St)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4-11 on Officials

11-9 on Others

 

Official Picks

Nebraska +8.5

West Virginia -6.5

Wisconsin +10

 

Others Considered

Oklahoma State -7

Purdue -10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Week 7 Locks:

 

Nebraska +8.5

Oregon +4

Missouri v Alabama - Over 75

 

Not a super fan of that points total, but Mizzou has gone Over in every game, and Bama three straight weeks.  So just going with a trend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/9/2018 at 11:25 AM, teachercd said:

9-7 on the year

 

Huskers +3.5 (wow huge line change from the +8.5)

UF -7

UCF -4

 

Mark it down and lock it up.

2-1

 

11-8 on the year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, admo said:

Week 7 Locks:

 

Nebraska +8.5 (WON)

Oregon +4 (WON)

Missouri v Alabama - Over 75 (LOSS :rickjames)

 

Not a super fan of that points total, but Mizzou has gone Over in every game, and Bama three straight weeks.  So just going with a trend.

I like the Iowa State team, should have gambled on them (punches self in face)

 

2-1 for the week

11-10 for the year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/7/2018 at 9:03 PM, JJ Husker said:

 

3-0 for the week, 8-8 on the year

 

Nebraska +8.5 (NW)

Miami -6.5 (Virginia)

Penn St -13.5 (Mich St)

1-2, 9-10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/12/2018 at 10:48 PM, Mavric said:

Official Picks

Nebraska +8.5

West Virginia -6.5

Wisconsin +10

 

Others Considered

Oklahoma State -7

Purdue -10

 

5-13 on Officials

12-10 on Others

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Week 8 Locks:

 

Cincinnati +3.5
Syracuse -10
Purdue +14

 

 

Cincinnati is killing it this year.  6-0 on the year, 5-1 ATS.  Playing a good Temple team and getting points. 

 

Syracuse can score points in a bunch, especially at home.  They lost 2 straight (road games) by 10 points combined (at Clemson, at Pitt), not easy places to play.  Still hung in there.  UNC is struggling to find the end zone and cannot get over 20 (just once in 5 games, thus the 1-4 w/l record).  The Orangemen will score at least 30, which should be enough to cover. 

 

Purdue has won 4 straight ATS, while OSU has lost 3 straight (ATS) and 4 out of 5.  Plus this is one of those teams OSU struggles with for some odd reason.  And it's a home game at night for Purdue - on ABC. Ought to keep it close enough to just cover.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am backing out of Purdue.  It could be the only winner, or the cover of the year.  But it's Purdue and I just can't pull the trigger unless they were getting 21 against OSU.

 

Sorry Boilermakers, I will pick a third game soon (replacement).  Pulling for ya regardless

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, admo said:

I am backing out of Purdue.  It could be the only winner, or the cover of the year.  But it's Purdue and I just can't pull the trigger unless they were getting 21 against OSU.

 

Sorry Boilermakers, I will pick a third game soon (replacement).  Pulling for ya regardless

 

Oh sure :lol: tOSU was going to be my third pick this week but when I saw your rationale for taking Purdue I had to change to FAU.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On Tue Oct 16 2018 at 11:07 PM, JJ Husker said:

 

Oh sure :lol: tOSU was going to be my third pick this week but when I saw your rationale for taking Purdue I had to change to FAU.

You never know with trends, even though they are supposed to give you some insight :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×