Akron Game Weather

This will change, so don't treat this as Gospel, but the most recent run of the HRRR model shows that the radar would look like this.

Starts at 5 PM on Saturday and ends at 11 PM. (Wanted to include the drive to/from Lincoln for those that need it.)

The date stamp in the upper left should read Sun ... 00z =  gametime (7 PM CDT)

AkronLoop.gif

The good news is that the price of Akron game tickets may be dropping quickly. :)

• Plus1 3

As far as affecting the game, right now the winds appear to be light during the game, but they also appear to be changing direction for every quarter. Might be a bad day for long field goals, if that trend continues in the model runs. I should also add that this is talking about the "background" winds and not the possibly strong OUTFLOW winds that could come from passing severe storms (that could be brief but intense, as in 60 mph or higher). Those depend on being in the right (or rather wrong) place in relation to the storm and where it is in its lifecycle. Severe Storms criteria means quarter-size hail or larger would be possible.

Omaha's latest Forecast Discussion (includes Lincoln) says this:

Unsettled weather continues into Saturday as a surface trough
produces lingering showers and thunderstorms through the morning
hours.  There could be a break in precipitation for the afternoon,
before convection redevelops across a stalling cold front early
tomorrow evening. Currently, it appears as though the front could
set up from Lincoln, NE through Hanc$%k, IA. As warm air advection
increases along this boundary, showers and thunderstorms could
increase in coverage through the evening and overnight. With
instability around 2000-3000+ J/kg and bulk shear still around
40kts, there will still be some potential for strong to severe
storms Saturday evening. However, severe or not, thunderstorm
activity could impinge on any outdoor events scheduled for
tomorrow evening.

Interestingly, the Huskerboard software doesn't like the name of a certain town in Iowa. :D

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, cheekygeek said:

MODS: Unless you want this to be the generic GameTime weather thread going forward through the season, I would recommend changing the thread title to "Akron Gameday Weather".

I hope do God we don't need one for every game, although the weather looks like it could be bad next Saturday too.

Also, I think you should just lie to us for the next 18 hours and say everything's going to be okay.

26 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I hope do God we don't need one for every game, although the weather looks like it could be bad next Saturday too.

Also, I think you should just lie to us for the next 18 hours and say everything's going to be okay.

If there is one thing that Nebraskans understand it is how many times the "Weather Man" is WRONG.

• Mavric changed the title to Akron Game Weather