Akron Game Weather

2 minutes ago, Husker_Bohunk said:

You have how many Ta'veren at your beck and call (mostly)? Wisdom's, Queen's daughters....

I think you should get crackin' lady.  :D

They probably aren’t ta’veren anymore, one of them is married to someone who might put a collar on me, one of them is a dumb, muleheaded oaf who whines like an emo baby anytime someone calls him “Lord,” and the other is “dead.”  Ok he’s off having a bunch of foursomes in a new body. But I don’t know that.

As far as the queen goes, I can’t really go to my home city without setting off a political firestorm which I don’t wanna do to my half-niece. I suppose I could visit Caemlyn though, but she’s busy having said foursomes. Then there’s the other queen - she’s probably too busy making babies with my former warder. The Wise One is busy being a Wise One and having said foursomes.

Lastly, if I’m remembering correctly the new Amyrlin promised to spank me if I disobeyed her 25 years ago and I did and since she’s an Aes Sedai she has to follow through. So I can’t go to Tar Valon unless I’m sneaky about it and it’s really hard to be sneaky when you’re me. I suppose I could ask one of the aforementioned people if they know how to create a disguise for that purpose but right now I’m unaware of that possibility.

Sorry.

• Mavric changed the title to Akron Game Weather

By Friday afternoon, a National Weather Service meteorologist was saying things like: “it sure doesn’t look good,” and “it looks like a bad situation” and worst of all, “several rounds of lightning around Memorial Stadium.”

Keith Mann, a Nebraska athletic department spokesman, said the game is so far set to proceed on schedule. He said the Huskers’ event management team is in regular communication with the National Weather Service.

Under NCAA guidelines, any lightning strike within 8 miles would result in a 30-minute delay. He said the university will communicate delays or changes using the stadium public address system, the Husker Sports Network, social media and the Husker app.

Scott Dergan, a meteorologist based at the Valley office of the National Weather Service, does not want you to sell your tickets. Nor does he want you to cancel plans to see Husker coach Scott Frost’s debut.

OWH

2 minutes ago, Husker_Bohunk said:

I just have to say this. Nynaeve stole your Warder for herself and really, what's a Yellow doing getting married? I think she should Heal you, I know she tried, but I think the wench just isn't trying hard enough. She probably thinks you'll try to get Lan back.

Nynny didn't steal Lan I gave him to her like a piece of meat so I could get the real prize; a 70 year old with a bad knee.

I don't think it would work since I wasn't stilled. Healing doesn't work for someone who's burned out so it probably doesn't work for someone who's had part of the Source taken away earlier. I think one of the Asha'man would have been forced to Heal Cyndane if it was possible.

Latest Forecast Discussion out of Omaha. The cold front location will still be the key.

Will keep some chance of storms around this morning, but overall
confidence on what will happen this afternoon is not high. This is
because of a fairly wide spread of what the short range, high
resolution convection allowing models (CAMs) are indicating. In
regards to the 00z runs of the GFS and NAM, the GFS seemed to
handle the activity last evening and this morning better than the
NAM so will give it a bit more weight for this evening/tonight.
There is potential for heavy rain in the forecast area tonight,
but exactly where is yet to be seen. There will be a stalled front
in the area and models generally show PW around or over 2 inches.
Will keep thunderstorm chances tonight in the 30 to 70 percent
range, lowest near the SD and MO border areas. Rainfall rates
could be high enough to cause flooding, but will not issue a flash
flood watch at this time.

That is the latest forecast discussion from Omaha. Here is the 5 AM simulated radar run from the HRRR for 5 PM to 11 PM. This model updates every hour and is STILL not Gospel, so I will try to provide another update early this afternoon to see how things are trending. You'll have to click the link, as I can't use my normal methods of embedding the animation:

https://imgur.com/a/iPdVzz2

At 5 PM it looks like storm initiation is well underway in north-central KS. These storms will track to the NE. At the start of the game this evening, Lincoln should be dry, however precip moves into the area from the SW by the 9 PM hour and multiple severe storms are possible in Lancaster County for what will likely be the 4th Quarter. If you are driving back to anywhere in SE Nebraska, including Omaha you may be affected by storms.

I recommend downloading a weather RADAR app for your phone, if you don't already have one. I use RadarScope which is not free, but free ones from the NWS exist. RadarScope is worth the money to me because you can put it into different modes that allow you to see where hail (and hail intensity) is occurring. You can also turn on your phone's location as a marker on a map and see where you are in relation to the storm and predicted storm movement. It can also draw lines showing the current vector of the various storms. It is a GREAT app.

• Plus1 2
23 minutes ago, cheekygeek said:

I believe that umbrellas are not allowed in the stadium, which means they basically aren't available to you for your walk back to your vehicle, either. 

Best strategy might be to just wait in the stadium for the storms to pass Lincoln before leaving for your vehicle.

I thought once they started they were gonna keep going well into the morning ?