Frost - The greatest hire since Nick Saban

Dansker

It probably sets up somewhat well for Frost to compete for championships in the future.  Urban is likely done.  Saban is going to retire at some point.  Dabo will still be around though.  Those 3 are really the only ones at the top of the game at this point.  After that, there are a lot of good, unproven younger HC's that will be getting after it.

I don't see a 20-25 average recruiting class getting it done though.  He's not going to be able to out-develop those 3 coaches with regards to the players.  That doesn't mean he can't develop players.  He likely can.  But Frost isn't going to be able to take a team in the low 20's on average and develop them better than Saban can with a #1 average class.  

• Plus1 1

I'm as excited about Frost as anyone and think he was a great hire for Nebraska.  He seems like someone I can really be proud of as a Nebraska coach both on and off the field.

But, I cringe at statements like this.  Let's wait till he accomplishes greatness at Nebraska before we crown him with such high esteem.

Let him do his job and support him.  Then celebrate when Nebraska is back on top.

• Plus1 1
I suggested Riley(even as an option for Florida)Riley will bring an incredible staff and resources of National recruiting. @joelklatt agrees- Tim Brando (@TimBrando) December 4, 2014

The Florida Hire and the MOST recent hire of Mike Riley at Nebraska are home runs! Great opportunities for two Superb Coaches and people! Ok- Tim Brando (@TimBrando) December 4, 2014

Not saying Scott Frost won't be successful, but the two tweets above lead me to question Brando's judgement. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

9 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm as excited about Frost as anyone and think he was a great hire for Nebraska.  He seems like someone I can really be proud of as a Nebraska coach both on and off the field.

But, I cringe at statements like this.  Let's wait till he accomplishes greatness at Nebraska before we crown him with such high esteem.

Let him do his job and support him.  Then celebrate when Nebraska is back on top.

I think it’s great. National guy pumping the kool aide giving free great pub for Nebraska and frost. It puts us in the head lines and young eye balls. Get a little momentum by playing good on games with on field results can only help expedite others jumping on board. 

It doesn’t hurt I agree with him and I applaude him to have the balls to make a bold statement. Most media guys are afraid to be honest because fear of scrutiny. 

I love it 

10 hours ago, StPaulHusker said:

It probably sets up somewhat well for Frost to compete for championships in the future.  Urban is likely done.  Saban is going to retire at some point.  Dabo will still be around though.  Those 3 are really the only ones at the top of the game at this point.  After that, there are a lot of good, unproven younger HC's that will be getting after it.

I don't see a 20-25 average recruiting class getting it done though.  He's not going to be able to out-develop those 3 coaches with regards to the players.  That doesn't mean he can't develop players.  He likely can.  But Frost isn't going to be able to take a team in the low 20's on average and develop them better than Saban can with a #1 average class.  

2019 could end up in the top 15

2020 just look at the caliber of kids we are in on. Looks like a top 10-15 if we hit on those kids. The most prevalent 2 are Corcoran and Betts .96 and .97 kids. We gonna hit some big time talent in that class 

10 hours ago, StPaulHusker said:

Clemson is my other team I follow.  Not like NU, but my 2nd fave.  Dabo's first full class was 37.  After that top 20 and most in the top 15 (normally top 10).  He and Frost are similar in their approach.  Both have embraced the fans, traditions, and are incredibly relational with the recruits.  Both have put some high profile kids into the next level.  Lastly, both are character guys.  There's a right way and a wrong way to do things.  Frost is instilling this culture again at NU. 

I don't think there's a magic number in recruiting.  I look at Wiscy.  A tried and true, plug and play system regardless of staff.  They are who they are. They recruit for a system and develop guys in it.  I think Frost will do that.  Look what he did with Shaqueem.  Safety to LB to NFL....Milton, a 3 star recruit to undefeated QB and in the Hypesman talk.  And he also finished 2nd to Mayfield in QB rating last year.....Frost has proven time and again he can coach, develop and recruit to his system.  ie Mariota another 3 star....

Time will tell if he will get to the rarified air if the greats.  He certainly has the back ground, mentors and track record (limited) that shows he is a winner.  I'd be just as excited with his resume, homeboy or not.

I

• Plus1 1

You can recruit to Nebraska if you have the right coach, period. T O did it so did Bob D. I think Frost knows what kind of players he wants, and when the results start showing in the wins, he will bring in some top 10-15 classes and probably a few in the top 5 range from time to time. 

His staff seems to be all in with Frost, just like T O's were with him. 

If Frost can't get it done with the support he has from the state and former players, we may never see the glory days again. He has had the best teachers of the game that i've ever seen, for one guy. JMHO

GBR!!!

38 minutes ago, lo country said:

Clemson is my other team I follow.  Not like NU, but my 2nd fave.  Dabo's first full class was 37.  After that top 20 and most in the top 15 (normally top 10).  He and Frost are similar in their approach.  Both have embraced the fans, traditions, and are incredibly relational with the recruits.  Both have put some high profile kids into the next level.  Lastly, both are character guys.  There's a right way and a wrong way to do things.  Frost is instilling this culture again at NU. 

I don't think there's a magic number in recruiting.  I look at Wiscy.  A tried and true, plug and play system regardless of staff.  They are who they are. They recruit for a system and develop guys in it.  I think Frost will do that.  Look what he did with Shaqueem.  Safety to LB to NFL....Milton, a 3 star recruit to undefeated QB and in the Hypesman talk.  And he also finished 2nd to Mayfield in QB rating last year.....Frost has proven time and again he can coach, develop and recruit to his system.  ie Mariota another 3 star....

Time will tell if he will get to the rarified air if the greats.  He certainly has the back ground, mentors and track record (limited) that shows he is a winner.  I'd be just as excited with his resume, homeboy or not.

I

Wisconsin hasn’t won any National Championships with their plug and play system.  

And the magic number is 15.  No team that has made the national championship game since 2000 has had a 4 year average recruiting class of lower than 15 going into the year they went. And it was only twice

Washington and I think Michigan St had a 4 year average of somewhere in the 20’s when they made the CFP.  

So 4 teams out of what?  30 or more?  

He’s going to have to aim higher than Wisconsin.

• Plus1 2