GSG

'This Isn't Year Zero': Scott Frost Expects an Immediate Turnaround at Nebraska

LINCOLN, Nebraska — He looks the part of a quarterback. Tall. Powerful. Fluid.      

As he takes reps on Nebraska's practice field a little more than two weeks before the team's season opener against Akron, his spirals are snug, every throw landing where it's intended.

Unlike the other QBs on this mid-August day, though, he's not wearing a green no-contact jersey. Instead, he is outfitted in a red Nebraska hat, black shorts and a black shirt with "DAY BY DAY" etched appropriately across the front.

If it weren't for the differences in wardrobe, Scott Frost might be able to pull this off.

• Plus1 6
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, brophog said:

I may end up looking like a fool (wouldn't be the first time) but this feels like it's getting ready to explode....right out of the gates. 

Man, I hope so. I'm maintaining my predicted 7-5 record from when Frost was hired, but I'd of course love for the Huskers to blow up. I keep thinking bringing the entire staff over from UCF could end up being a genius move.

• Plus1 2
6 minutes ago, brophog said:

I may end up looking like a fool (wouldn't be the first time) but this feels like it's getting ready to explode....right out of the gates. 

Agreed. The closer and closer we get the more great things we hear about Frost. Heupuls comments you talked about, the BTN tour and just hearing from the man himself it just seems like he can't fail. We may have failures, but ultimately will not fail it feels under this staff. If we really have the talent we have on paper we could definitely surprise this year

2 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Agreed. The closer and closer we get the more great things we hear about Frost. Heupuls comments you talked about, the BTN tour and just hearing from the man himself it just seems like he can't fail. We may have failures, but ultimately will not fail it feels under this staff. If we really have the talent we have on paper we could definitely surprise this year

Its all about the attitude he and his staff brings. They refuse to lose. The "day by day" mentality is ingrained in them. He says it all the time, he wears shirts that have the phrase on it. Its not just something he says, he lives it and that is why he is going to be special. 

and the yeezys....

• Plus1 1
17 minutes ago, brophog said:

It has crossed my mind several times this week so far.

Sounds dumb maybe, but I can't let my expectations go there just yet. I really do genuinely predict going 10-2 next year and winning the West with dominance though. Really do. 

But I also want to get back to relevance now so bad.

1 minute ago, Timotheus said:

Does anybody else feel like tomorrow's game will NEVER get here? I can't take much more of this waiting!

Just tune into other games beginning at 11 AM tomorrow and it'll go by even slower, lol. I find it much easier to just get some tasks done until game time. Makes the waiting on gameday go by faster. But yeah these 7 pm games are brutal... Be interesting to see how the team responds since they're up an at 'em fairly early every day.

• Plus1 1
14 minutes ago, Undone said:

It has crossed my mind several times this week so far.

Sounds dumb maybe, but I can't let my expectations go there just yet. I really do genuinely predict going 10-2 next year and winning the West with dominance though. Really do. 

But I also want to get back to relevance now so bad.

No man. 10-2 this year. Close losses to Wisconsin and Ohio State. Wisconsin fails to capitalize and we win the West crown! Here, drink up :koolaid2: